cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chortels
Active Member II

Updating to last version of LibreOffice to avoid performance problems

Hi, 

We are experiencing problems with soffice.bin process in Alfresco5, which is running in CentOS. When uploading documents, this process is using almost 100% of CPU, generating heavy logs. According to what I've read in related issues (soffice.bin process using a lot of resources. ), this is solved by updating to the last version of LibreOffice.

Currently, we have installed an old version of LibreOffice in Alfresco5. I would like to know if updating to a newer version would be enough, or if this problem is related to LibreOffice (or OpenOffice) itself. 

In short, what I want to know is that if using an old version (which I don't know, because I haven't found the way to discover it searching in LibreOffice directory, in Alfresco installation) of LibreOffice could generate this problem. 

Thanks for your help.

1 Reply
douglascrp
Advanced II

Re: Updating to last version of LibreOffice to avoid performance problems

Using the latest version is not always the best option, as you can see in the following link

LibreOffice version replacement suggestion · Issue #98 · loftuxab/alfresco-ubuntu-install · GitHub 

The version we use in all instances is the 5.1.3.1 one, as mentioned in the issue's details.