cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marcog
Partner

Upgrade Alfresco 5.2 to 6.2 Community - Repository

Good afternoon,

I'm upgrading from version 5.2 to version 6.2 directly. And when I restore the database in the new version with postgres in container, the repo connects perfectly but does not show the structure of the repository on Share. Not the folder structure of the whole environment.

I also moved the contents of alf_data to an external volume of the container.

Can I do the direct upgrade or is there a step that needs to be done before reaching 6.2? The documentation says that I need to install the new version and test the functionality. Then stop the environment and restore the bank and the alf_data, being able to let the solr reindex everything.

Thanks to everyone who can help.

5 Replies
kaynezhang
Advanced

Re: Upgrade Alfresco 5.2 to 6.2 Community - Repository

Direct upgrades to Alfresco Content Services 6.2 are supported from only 5.2,and alfresco 6.2 needs Alfresco Search Services 1.4。

But before you upgrade , making a backup of db and solr index is a good option

Since the structure of the repository is not shown correctly ,I guess alfresco create a new database in postresql instead of using the existing one,please check it clearly

arjunmony
Established Member

Hi Marcog,

Hope you have  remove SOLR indexes and allow the server to re-index again all the content before start definitively your brand new Alfresco 6.

Without stopping Alfresco 5 service, we started a copy of the contents.

$ rsync -avzh -e "ssh -p 22" root@alfresco5:/opt/alfresco/alf_data/content* /opt/alfresco/data/alf-repo-data/
Once the synchronisation was full, we stopped Alfresco 5 service and we performed a database dump.

$ sudo service alfresco stop

$ sudo su - postgres

$ cd /opt/alfresco/postgresql/bin
$ ./pg_ctl start

$ ./pg_dump alfresco > /tmp/exportFile-20180801.dmp
Password:

$ ./pg_ctl stop
$ exit
We copied the file to the new server and we restored the database in Alfresco 6.

$ docker-compose up postgres

$ cat exportFile-20180801.dmp | docker exec -i docker_postgres_1 psql -U alfresco -d alfresco
After that, a new synchronisation to gather last changes.

$ rsync -avzh -e "ssh -p 22" root@alfresco5:/opt/alfresco/alf_data/content* /opt/alfresco/data/alf-repo-data/
And we decided to remove SOLR indexes and allow the server to re-index again all the content before start definitively our brand new Alfresco 6.

$ rm -rf /opt/alfresco/data/solr-data

$ docker-compose up -d
castelsarrasin
Active Member II

Hi,

Could you please let me know the link you followed to upgrade 5.2 to 6.2 ?

I search for and i'm about 5 days with failed.

I'd love to have your step by step link.

Thanks you !

marcog
Partner

I use the default documentation link.

But particularly my upgrade process is always a new installation point to alf_data, point to the new Database (applied restore) and full reindex of the entire environment.

https://docs.alfresco.com/content-services/community/upgrade/

Regards

fedorow
Senior Member II