Upgrade path from alfresco 3.3 to 5.2

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lalithad

Upgrade path from alfresco 3.3 to 5.2

Jump to solution

I am part of a team wanting to upgrade from alfresco enterprise 3.3 to alfresco enterprise 5.2. The upgrade path for 3.3 to 5.2 says that we need to first upgrade to 4.2 and then to 5.1 before going to 5.2. Is the step from 4.2 to 5.1 required as somewhere else I read that you can go directly from 4.2 to 5.2. Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
cesarista
Customer

Re: Upgrade path from alfresco 3.3 to 5.2

Jump to solution

Yes, the recommended path in the documentation is 3.4.x < 4.2.x < 5.1.x < 5.2.x. The 5.1.x step may be ommited when starting from 4.1.x

Alfresco Content Services upgrade paths | Alfresco Documentation 

Regards.

--C.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
cesarista
Customer

Jump to solution

Yes, the recommended path in the documentation is 3.4.x < 4.2.x < 5.1.x < 5.2.x. The 5.1.x step may be ommited when starting from 4.1.x

Alfresco Content Services upgrade paths | Alfresco Documentation 

Regards.

--C.

lalithad

Jump to solution

Thanks for that Cesar. So I need to download 4.2 and 5.1 versions of alfresco and go from 3.3 to 4.2 and then 4.2 to 5.2 ( even though now 4.2 is > 4.1)?

cesarista
Customer

Jump to solution

Yes, that is.

Regards.

--C.

lalithad

Jump to solution

Have you ever done a successful migration from an older than 4.2 version? Any idea why the extra step from 5.1 is required? It is just going to add a level of complexity to our migration here.

cesarista
Customer

Jump to solution

Yes I did.

Each step introduces different changes in the database schema and it applies several patches. The complexity may depend on your starting version. I would say it is not an extra step, just the recommended step. 

Regards.

--C.