Upload file with special character

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
benjamin_dreux
Member II

Upload file with special character

In alfresco I've got problème to upload certain file when they have special characers.

Some file withn "éèô" can't be uploaded. Just replacing the accentuated chars with unaccentuated char fix the problem.

The error that appears in the log is the following:

Caused by: org.alfresco.service.cmr.model.FileExistsException: 10240075 File or folder Analyse du rôle et des impacts.pdf already exists
at org.alfresco.repo.model.filefolder.FileFolderServiceImpl.createImpl(FileFolderServiceImpl.java:1323)
at org.alfresco.repo.model.filefolder.FileFolderServiceImpl.create(FileFolderServiceImpl.java:1275)

Let me know if you need the whole stacktrace.

What is strange is that some other files with special characters can be uploaded just fine.

I assume there is something wrong in the way by setup is made.

As a side note i have a ngnix in front of alfresco.

9 Replies
krutik_jayswal
Senior Member II

Re: Upload file with special character

Seems like file already exist with the file name.Alfresco will not allow file with duplicate name on same location.

This may happen with your customization also.

benjamin_dreux
Member II

Actually, i can send two time the same file, and the second one will have a "-1" extension added to the file name.

Eg. I send a file called "abc.pdf" and send it a second time. I will have a "abc.pdf" and "abc-1.pdf".

Also I add the same issue with file that were never sent to this installation of alfresco.

I assume that the problem is not related to the same name message.

krutik_jayswal
Senior Member II

can you please add code as well, and what you are doing ?Will be needing all the code which is related to this.

benjamin_dreux
Member II

This is just by using the "share" web ui

mehe
Senior Member II

Could you try to upload the file using alfrescos tomcat (bypassing nginx) so that you are shure that the Problem is Not caused by the nginx Setup?

I assume you are running Alfresco on Linux - what´s the Alfresco Version you are using?

benjamin_dreux
Member II

I'm using alfresco community version 5.2g for the platform and 5.2f for share ui.

I'll try to access it directly, in my last attempts i needed to undo the installation in order to allow me to login again

benjamin_dreux
Member II

Same error

douglascrp
Advanced II

How about the encoding configuration inside Tomcat?

Are you using UTF-8, like this? alfresco-ubuntu-install/server.xml at master · loftuxab/alfresco-ubuntu-install · GitHub 

And the same question for the database.

benjamin_dreux
Member II

I'm specifying utf-8 in uri encoding, file encoding (jvm params), the database and the proxy