cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fraveau
Member II

Use a domain beans mapped to database in associations

Hello

I would like to know what's the best way to use non alfresco domain beans in associations with contents. Eg: Customer companies have facilities and I would like to associates files to those facilities. Then I want to create Smart Folders depending on facilities properties.

ShouId I use another database and a rest API to get datas in Alfresco or can I add new bean to alfresco and use the Alfresco datasource?

ANy info or pointers are welcome

Thank you

2 Replies
afaust
Master

Re: Use a domain beans mapped to database in associations

I am not sure I understand what you want to do. Associations in Alfresco are between two nodes. There is nothing in Alfresco with regards to association to "domain beans", either of Alfresco design or custom. It sounds to me like you want to create custom domain "entities" in your database, and somehow link those entities with nodes (documents). There is also no support for that type of linking, and the only default entity Alfresco links in node properties is the ContentData entity used for storing details of a file's content.

I know that the guys from ecm4u have developed a kind of metadata hub specifically to link relational metadata / entities with content in Alfresco without having to pollute / extend the Alfresco database schema with custom tables for custom entities. Maybe that might help you.

fraveau
Member II

Re: Use a domain beans mapped to database in associations

Yes this is about having domain entities linked to ECM. I guess it need source code modification

I beleive the right solution is to reference content from another application using Alfresco API