Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
santoshpydisett
Member II

User access details in Alfresco

Hi All, 

Is there any way in Alfresco we can pull below details for reporting 

Number of uploads / downloads (Check ins / check outs) by user within the last 3 months. 
Number of Alfresco sessions within the last 3 months of Particular User. 
Thanks 
Santosh
3 Replies
afaust
Master

Re: User access details in Alfresco

Unless you have already activated auditing and set up an audit application configuration, this kind of information will not be available for extraction. Using the default alfresco-access audit application, you would be able to log check-out / check-in. Downloads are notoriously hard to track (and in fact are not recorded by any default audit application), since you cannot technically differentiate a proper download from a simple HEAD check or a transformation to a different format - at least not on the layer that the default audit applications operate.

Password-based logins are tracked by the default alfresco-access audit application, but single sign-on logins are not. Since a customer of mine required to know which users where active in the last X months (to manage user licenses), I developed an active user auditing feature in an open-source module of mine.

santoshpydisett
Member II

Thanks for your info Axel.

I will explore your Active user auditing feature.

mehe
Senior Member II

You can identify up/downloads by fiddling around with the access logs of tomcat (GET...node/content...) or, if you have one, your httpd reverse proxy...

There are some tools outside for web server statistics, but this would afford time and effort and is not at application layer...