User sees only white screen

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brancott

User sees only white screen

Hi guys, one of my users ran into odd problem - when he access Alfresco he only sees a white screen, if I delete this user in Alfresco web interface next time he tries to access it everything works fine, but not for long. The probleb repeats itself pretty much every day. I used to have similar problem before and I only needed to recreate profile once. Don't know what's different now. Any help would be appreciated. 

I'm running Alfresco Communoty 5.2

UPD:

Apparently, Solr error was a misleading it appears only after user profile deletion. After deletion profile is not created properly it has no dashlets on home page, however it should. The only error in the logs arount the time user tries to log in and sees white page is:
2022-11-10 12:20:04,801 ERROR [org.springframework.extensions.webscripts.AbstractRuntime] [http-apr-80-exec-38] Exception from executeScript - redirecting to status template error: 10100002 Wrapped Exception (with status template): 10100373 Failed to execute script 'classpath*:alfresco/templates/webscripts/org/alfresco/repository/thumbnail/thumbnail.get.js': 10100371 Unsupported transformation: transformer.OpenOffice.2Pdf application/vnd.ms-excel to application/pdf
org.springframework.extensions.webscripts.WebScriptException: 10100002 Wrapped Exception (with status template): 10100373 Failed to execute script 'classpath*:alfresco/templates/webscripts/org/alfresco/repository/thumbnail/thumbnail.get.js': 10100371 Unsupported transformation: transformer.OpenOffice.2Pdf application/vnd.ms-excel to application/pdf
at org.springframework.extensions.webscripts.AbstractWebScript.createStatusException(AbstractWebScript.java:1138)
at org.alfresco.repo.web.scripts.content.StreamContent.execute(StreamContent.java:195)
at org.alfresco.repo.web.scripts.RepositoryContainer$3.execute(RepositoryContainer.java:505)
at org.alfresco.repo.transaction.RetryingTransactionHelper.doInTransaction(RetryingTransactionHelper.java:457)

Any suggestions? It becomes really anoying for both the user and myself.

3 Replies
cesarista
Customer

Re: User sees only white screen

Hi:

Checking the logs, the errors are related with SOLR indices, or SOLR Service (500). It seems that you are using SOLR 4 subsystem.

When a user log in by default (s)he is going to User Panel, where there are plenty of SOLR queries in dashlets (My sites, My activity...). Some recomendations:

• Try to browse to other pages like sites or repository. In 5.2, it is possible to define a custom home page in a site or page. This may ovoid and walkaround the problem of white screen.
  • Try to minimize the number of dashlets of the user, if there is a custom dashlet deployed, or some custom config. Simplify the dashboard if it's possible (iwhen there is no white screen), only with basic site dashlet, for example.

Anyway if this is happening to more that one user. I recommend you to check your SOLR 4 deployment and/or do a full reindex.

Regards.

--C.

brancott

Re: User sees only white screen

Hi!
I just noticed that when this user profile is recreated it's different from others, the is no dashlets on his home page however by default there shoud be. It's when Solr errors in logs apper. I went to \\alf\alfresco\Sites\surf-config\pages\user and created a folder for the problematic user, copird files from other profile and now his dashboard looks like it should and there is no solr errors in the log.
But again it won't lasl long I assume.
Why profile is not created properly?

sheikh121
Member II

Image text converter

With the use of image text converter, we can convert images into text