user tips and tricks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
idwright

user tips and tricks

Hi,

Does anybody know of a list of user focused tips and tricks?

My searches mostly turn up administrative tips.

We're using share fairly extensively but I think we could be using it a lot better.

Most of our users are casual users and there's quite a wide geographical spread so there's no (realistic) chance of doing any training or getting anybody to read anything substantial - it wouldn't be priority.

We do have a monthly newsletter so my thought is that if I could put in a 'Did you know?' sentence/paragraph, something short and self contained (i.e. not a link) every month then that would be a good way to improve the knowledge and drive up the usage by making people aware of the possibilities of the platform.

A fairly crude example might be: Did you know that there are iOS and Android apps available that you can use to connect to Alfresco?

So if there's not a (good) list available perhaps you can contribute some of your favourite tips here

Thanks.

1 Reply
cesarista
Customer

Re: user tips and tricks

Let's try some #alfresco #usertips:

1. Did you know that... adding your corporate templates in /Data Dictionary/Node Templates you can create and edit online very efficiently.
  2. Did you know that... you can include tags, categories or custom aspects applied in a folder template (for example a "claim folder"). 
  3. Did you know that... you can tag documents in different folders, for later filtering by this tag, and selecting them to download as a zip.
  4. Did you know that... putting ASPECT:"qshare:shared" in Alfresco search, you may obtain all shared documents with public urls. 
  5. Did you know that... configuring Tag, Site and Category facets in Alfresco Search Manager, you have very powerful filters in Alfresco Search. 

Regards.

--C.

HINT: They should have less than 140 characters