Using desktopDNA with Alfresco Community 3.2; can't invite some users to a site, add button is disabled

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kcping
Member II

Using desktopDNA with Alfresco Community 3.2; can't invite some users to a site, add button is disabled

After going to a certain site, there is an Invite button. This allows you to invite other people to access the site. After bringing their names up by searching, there is an Add button. But for certain people the Add button is disabled. I checked and the people are not already members of the site or have already been invited.

4 Replies
douglascrp
Advanced II

Re: Using desktopDNA with Alfresco Community 3.2; can't invite some users to a site, add button is disabled

Hello.

Check the browser's developer tools and try to identify what is different for these users you can not invite.

Verify the response body for the webscripts calls.

kcping
Member II

Re: Using desktopDNA with Alfresco Community 3.2; can't invite some users to a site, add button is disabled

I'm not too familiar with the developer tools, however, I assume this only works with code that you have control of. We do not have access to the source code. We are just encountering the problem on a client's live site. I was wondering if this problem has been known to occur and what was found to be the solution.

douglascrp
Advanced II

The browser developer tools allows you to monitor the http calls, and then you can check what is being returned by such calls.

That is what I asked you to check, and not the application's source code

kcping
Member II

I am fairly sure that all I will see is an attribute making the Add button disabled. I will not see the conditions the code is checking for in the programming to make that button disabled for a particular user. Not unless it's doing that in the JavaScript which I think the developer tools can trace, but I have tried that and have not found any answer. I fully admit that I don't know much about the developer tools or monitoring http calls or what they are fully capable of showing me.