Using webdav from Mac finder deletes ALL files and folders

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JBAU
Member II

Using webdav from Mac finder deletes ALL files and folders

I've encountered a rather odd issue that has me stumped so I'm after some help. I am currently evalauating ACS community 7.1.0 running using docker-compose. I have not applied any extensions and the product is running out of the box. There are several sites, each with various folders and other content that I have setup for testing.

In testing webdav today I connected to my server from Finder on my mac using my admin account e.g. http://hostname:8080/alfresco/webdav

All good so far. I can browse the sites and document librairies, open files etc. I then copy a file from my local machine to one of the folders in a document library and receive the message "A newer item named “013.pdf” already exists in this location. Do you want to replace it with the older one you’re moving?" I select Replace. Strange behaviour given the file does not already exist.

After a short wait (2-3 seconds) Finder presents me with the message "The operation could not be completed because some items had to be skipped ..........". I select Ok and Finder takes me back to the webdav root where I see three folders: Data Dictionary, IMAP Home, Sites. The Site folders are still there but ALL files and folders have been deleted from within them - the LOT!

The deleted files and folders are in the Trashcan for the admin user. I'm able to recover about 30% with most of them presenting with an error "Failed to recover .....".

The Alfresco log doesn't show much, apart from a bunch of exceptions where attempts to delete all the Sites was also attempted but failed with error messages similar to: "11160658 site deletion is not allowed. Attempted to delete workspace://SpacesStore/c8283b3f...."

So, I'm in a bit of a pickle. It's very concerning that such a catostrophic failure could occur and thankfully it's only test data. It's also concerning why I can't recover most of the content.

I'll also note that I can reproduce this every time with the sequence of actions noted above. I have not tried the same using a Windows machine but I will do that shortly.

Hoping somone can assist or provide a vector for me to investigate. Thank you.

1. Copy new file using Finder. 013.pdf did NOT exist prior to copying.

Screen Shot 2021-12-17 at 7.39.46 am.png

2. Error displayed after selecting Replace

Screen Shot 2021-12-17 at 7.05.43 am.png

3. Files and folders in trashcan after selecting ok in step 2.

Screen Shot 2021-12-17 at 7.46.26 am.png

4. Unable to recover

Screen Shot 2021-12-17 at 7.47.36 am.png