Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
forloop
Member II

v4.2.2 patching list and availability

Hi, 

We are running Alfresco Version :Enterprise - v4.2.2

The JVM behavior gets wonky and requires a restart every so often.

Is there a list of patches available for our version of Alfresco? If so, where can i find them?

Or, are there other alternatives to fix this other than upgrading?

3 Replies
cesarista
Customer

Re: v4.2.2 patching list and availability

Hi:

Current patch version is 4.2.8, you can check and download it in the Alfresco Customer Support Portal (older patches and release notes too).

Regards.

--C. 

forloop
Member II

Thanks Cesar,

Would that mean that we have to upgrade to apply that patch and there is nothing more that can be done to 4.2.2?

cesarista
Customer

Hi Tara:

To apply the last service pack is always recommended in terms of having last security patches and reported bugs fixes (4.2.8 is the "full" supported version too). If your are experiencing problems with JVM, it will be probably more dependent on your parametrization, hardware resources, or use case (even sizing), than the service pack.

In first term, I would recommend you to do some preventive and basic monitoring regarding JVM performance, active sessions, or bbdd connections while inspecting Alfresco logs, for compiling information. Some general best practices are listed here too:

http://beecon.buzz/2017/assets/files/F23/Alfresco_Best_Practices_BC2017.pdf 

And if you have a customer subscription, I recommend you to make a jmxdump and a jstack when your instance is getting wonky, and to open a case in Alfresco Support.

Regards.

--C.