Version upgrade in Alfresco Community Edition 3.4 to Alfresco Community Edition 5.2

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anuradha1
Active Member II

Version upgrade in Alfresco Community Edition 3.4 to Alfresco Community Edition 5.2

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have simple question to ask for all u guys. Is that possible to upgrade Alfresco Community Edition 3.4 to Alfresco Community Edition 5.2?

Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
EddieMay
Alfresco Employee

Re: Version upgrade in Alfresco Community Edition 3.4 to Alfresco Community Edition 5.2

Jump to solution

Hi @anuradha1 

Yes it is possible but you have to do incremental upgrades - meaning you can't go directly from 3.4 to 5.2. You can get an overview of the steps from this answer.

There are also some very useful guides from Keensoft - here is one about approaches to upgrades, another on the various upgrade paths.

HTH,

Digital Community Manager, Alfresco Software.
Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
EddieMay
Alfresco Employee

Re: Version upgrade in Alfresco Community Edition 3.4 to Alfresco Community Edition 5.2

Jump to solution

Hi @anuradha1 

Yes it is possible but you have to do incremental upgrades - meaning you can't go directly from 3.4 to 5.2. You can get an overview of the steps from this answer.

There are also some very useful guides from Keensoft - here is one about approaches to upgrades, another on the various upgrade paths.

HTH,

anuradha1
Active Member II

Hi, Re: Version upgrade in Alfresco Community Edition 3.4 to Alfresco Community Edition 5.2

Jump to solution

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I did as the way explained in articles you provided. I replaced contentsore and contentstore.deleted in alfdata from previous version to target version. But it is not working. I think that is becouse i did nothing with db side. I can't understand what exactly i need to do to with the db. 

Can you plz explain steps i need to follow.

Thanks.

anuradha1
Active Member II

Jump to solution

Alfresco community 3.4 has mysql db and 4.2 has prosgres. Any idea how to do this convertion?

EddieMay
Alfresco Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @anuradha1 

You can continue using MySQL (InnoDB tables) in Community 5+.