cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
piyush48
Established Member

Versioning Entries in Database with 0kb document and Document with Content

Hi All,

I am facing some issue in understanding Entries in Database with table alf_node where a document with 0 kb data created (That is file created by only JSON content through API) have one entry only while Document created with content using form data have 3 entries created in alf_node.

Also Version column have two entries 5 and 1 can anyone please tell me difference of it.

I am attaching screenshot of 3entries(Document created with Content) and 1 entry(Document created with 0kb).

Thanks,

Piyush3 entries for Document with content3 entries for Document with content1 entry for 0 kb document1 entry for 0 kb document

4 Replies
abhinavmishra14
Advanced

Re: Versioning Entries in Database with 0kb document and Document with Content

It may be the thransformed content from the original content, by default alfresco generates thubnails (cm:imgpreview, cm:doclib) when you upload a content. Take the nodeRef of the content and explore the details in node browser. You should see two childrens in childrens section. 

For 0 kb content, means it is content less so there are no thumbnails.

~Abhinav
(ACSCE, AWS SAA, Azure Admin)
piyush48
Established Member

Hi @abhinavmishra14 ,

Actuallly i tried to look into node browser for childrens but there are no childrens present in both 0kb Document(Document created with Json) and document with content(Document created with Form Data).I am creating document through API; incase it helps.

Please do help me out.

Thanks,

Piyush

abhinavmishra14
Advanced

It doesn't matter how you create document. You would see children for content as long as there is default transformer available. 

For example, if you upload an image, you should see something like this in node browser:

For this you would see 3 entries, one for original node and 2 for these childrens.

renditions-children.PNG

For contentless nodes, there will be no children and no additional entries in db.

Now, i was not able to clearly understand. But seems you are saying that when you upload a json file you only see 1 entry but for others you see 3. 

If this is the case, then it is also expected, As JSON mimetype doesn't have any ootb transformer configured, hence thubnails won't be generated automatically. You would have to configure one yourself in case you are looking to have thumnails and stuffs generated automatically.

Have a look at this documentation for more details: https://docs.alfresco.com/5.2/references/dev-extension-points-content-transformer.html

~Abhinav
(ACSCE, AWS SAA, Azure Admin)
piyush48
Established Member

Hi @abhinavmishra14 ,

Thanks for the support but transform service is set to false in global.properties as follows:-

# Disable ATS
transform.service.enabled=false
local.transform.service.enabled=false
legacy.transform.service.enabled=false

There are no children thus present for the node Though there are three entries are there in DB in alf_node table.

3 entries in alf_node3 entries in alf_node

also i want to find what content is present in Version store  whose store_id is 4 as there are 2 entries in version store. 

so how can i access the data of version store or how can i view content of uuid for entries with id 2246,2247.

Thanks and Regards,

Piyush Patel