visibility of created Aspect for a specific site

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sneha-lolge

visibility of created Aspect for a specific site

Hi,

I have created a content model named "Document" and under this an aspect named "Property". "Property" has properties File-Path1 and Location-status1 respectively. I want these properties of aspect to be visible only to a site named "XYZ".How can it be achieved? Also, if I want to make changes in actions.js file,what will be the code for it? I am using alfresco community edition 5.2. I am a beginner in alfresco, so kindly consider this while providing me solution.

2 Replies
afaust
Master

Re: visibility of created Aspect for a specific site

a) Don't make changes in any of the default files (I assume with actions.js you are referring to some default file)

b) Surf extension modules allow you to target configuration / customisations to specific sites via the site evaluator. In that example you also see how you can add configuration only for the targeted site(s). If you put form / doclib configuration into such an extension module to display your aspect properties, then they will only be active when a user is looking at a document / list of documents within site UI.

c) Property visibility can be configured via metadata-templates (document listing in the library) and forms (visibility in details view + edit forms)

sneha-lolge

Re: visibility of created Aspect for a specific site

Hi,

Can you provide an example of configuration code to be included in share-documentlibrary-config.xml to make my aspect visible to a specific site(s).