We use the Alfresco ver 3.3.1. Question is does it work if we upgrade to java 7/8 and tomcat 7/8.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
murlid
Member II

We use the Alfresco ver 3.3.1. Question is does it work if we upgrade to java 7/8 and tomcat 7/8.

Jump to solution

We have been using the 3.3.1 version here at work for a while now.. may be 4+ years. We are being required to upgrade all our apps to java 7 or 8   and tomcat to ver 8.  After upgrading java and tomcat, Iam not able to deploy the webapp. I suspect 3.3.1 may not support java higher than 6.0??

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
cesarista
Customer

Re: We use the Alfresco ver 3.3.1. Question is does it work if we upgrade to java 7/8 and tomcat 7/8.

Jump to solution

I don't think so... you are talking about an Alfresco version used in 2010.

You can take into consideration the supported stacks of Alfresco Enterprise as a reference of the supported versions for java and Tomcat. AFAIK, Tomcat 8 is not still supported in last Alfresco Content Services 5.2. With java 7 (but Tomcat 7) support you could migrate to Alfresco 4.2.

Supported Platforms | Alfresco 

Regards.

--C.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
cesarista
Customer

Re: We use the Alfresco ver 3.3.1. Question is does it work if we upgrade to java 7/8 and tomcat 7/8.

Jump to solution

I don't think so... you are talking about an Alfresco version used in 2010.

You can take into consideration the supported stacks of Alfresco Enterprise as a reference of the supported versions for java and Tomcat. AFAIK, Tomcat 8 is not still supported in last Alfresco Content Services 5.2. With java 7 (but Tomcat 7) support you could migrate to Alfresco 4.2.

Supported Platforms | Alfresco 

Regards.

--C.