What is the Default Password and Username for Alfresco Share from the Distribution.zip?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cranejimmy3

What is the Default Password and Username for Alfresco Share from the Distribution.zip?

Hello,, I'm following the guide at https://docs.alfresco.com/6.0/concepts/ch-install.html. I'm up to the point where Alfresco Share is showing up in my browser. The issue that I'm having is that I can't log into Share. What is the default login information? 

3 Replies
EddieMay
Alfresco Employee

Re: What is the Default Password and Username for Alfresco Share from the Distribution.zip?

Hi @cranejimmy3 

admin/admin I believe.

HTH,

Digital Community Manager, Alfresco Software.
Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!
cranejimmy3

Re: What is the Default Password and Username for Alfresco Share from the Distribution.zip?

Thanks for the reply!

I tried that already and it didn't work. Could it be that I didn't set up PostgreSQL correctly or could it be something wrong with alfresco global properties file? im a bit lost here.

kaynezhang
Advanced

Alfresco admin user name and password is defined in repository.properties which is defined in alfresco-repository-***.jar
But after the repository is bootstraped ,editing it in repository.properties will have no effect.

You can try the following steps:
1.stop alfresco
2.backup your database and data.dir
3.clear your database and data.dir
4.start alfresco (alfresco will rebootstrap)
5.try to login using admin/admin