What's Audit Log for and how do I know if I've activated correctly?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marcelo2m97
Member II

What's Audit Log for and how do I know if I've activated correctly?

Some weeks ago I read about some kind of Audit Log function on Alfresco, but I really didn't get what's it for, so I decided to activate by following the guide in the documentation, but after "finishing" I didn't see anything different on my installation. Could someone explain what's the use of Audit Log and how do I know I've activated correctly?

Just for the record, I've installed Alfresco Content Services Community Edition 5.2.1 on my server.

1 Reply
EddieMay
Alfresco Employee

Re: What's Audit Log for and how do I know if I've activated correctly?

Hi @marcelo2m97,

Alfresco has the ability to audit a multiplicity of activities. A conceptural overview is presented here. As explained in this document, you can, for example, audit everything that happens in the content repository - every edit of a file (CRUD, etc). The logs are helpful to developers attempting to resolve issues like bottlenecks, etc. The audit log is also useful to administrators - who did what, when to a file, etc, etc. To see what's happened to a particular node, see this link.

To check if the audit is working could check a particular node {id} by using the following call:

http://localhost:8080/alfresco/api/-default-/public/alfresco/versions/1/nodes/{id}/audit-entries

This should provide output if audit is running properly.

HTH,

Digital Community Manager, Alfresco Software.
Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!