When I search for a user, why do I get a message saying "no user found"?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jwiedman-nasa

When I search for a user, why do I get a message saying "no user found"?

I have a new Alfresco installation set up. I'm trying to create a site, but when I try to add users, the search results turn up no one. I can go to the admin tab and find the users listed there, but I can't search for them on sites, nor can I find them when I am trying to add users to a group. I can create a group, then go user-by-user and add them to groups, but I cannot search for users in a newly established group and add them.

Any idea what I am doing wrong?

10 Replies
fedorow
Senior Member II

Re: When I search for a user, why do I get a message saying "no user found"?

My guesses you trying to search trough existing members of the site (http://alfresco.host/share/page/site/ppvts/site-members).

Press button Add Users at the right side of this page and you will see the page of tree stages: Search for users...; Set User Role; Add Users to Site (http://alfresco.host/share/page/site/ppvts/add-users).

abhinavmishra14
Advanced

Can you cross check whether you are searching the user id with exact casing? user searches are case sensitive i guess.

~Abhinav
(ACSCE, AWS SAA, Azure Admin)
jwiedman-nasa

Thank you both for your responses. Let me show you what I am trying to do:

Screenshot of attempt to add users to a test site showing that no users are found.

I still have demo users in the account, and I tried to search for one of them. You can see in the screenshot above. This is from the users profile page under the Admin tab:

Screenshot of demo user "Alice Beecher", the user I am trying to find in the Add Site page.

I've tried to find users with their given names and usernames. I've ensured I was matching case. No results.

I get the same problem when I am trying to add groups, and when I am trying to add users from a group. No results. 

However, when I get into the user's page, I can add them to a newly created group. But because I can't add a group to a site, the groups don't do me much good.

fedorow
Senior Member II

User search does not case sensetive and it search even a few letters.

Make shure you looking for active user.

But I recommend you create some new  test users and search it.

jwiedman-nasa

Thanks for your response Serge. I've made sure that the users I was looking for are active, and I did create new users. I'm not getting anything when I search. I suspect something is wrong on the back end, but I'll need to give the Sys Admin a pointer.

kerkhofsd
Active Member II

Which version of Alfresco / Share?

Chances you hits this are small, but worth noticing:

I know there are issues in Alfresco < 5.2.5 which may cause failing requests from Share to Alfresco. AFAIK this should only appear if SSO is configured. 

You might want to check your network traffic from Share to Alfresco to make sure there are no requests which result in a status code 5xx.

jwiedman-nasa

Hi Daan,

We are on Share 6.1 Enterprise 6.1, and we are using SSO. I'm asking the Sys Admin to check network traffic.

Thank you!

Jim

Alejandro23
Member II

Hello, I have the same problem, could you solve it?
Thank you.

EddieMay
Alfresco Employee

Hi @jwiedman-nasa,

Are you able to share the log files? You might see something like this:

172.20.0.1 - - [24/Mar/2020:11:35:56 +0000] 
“GET /share/proxy/alfresco/api/people-enterprise?filter=alice%20%5Bhint%3AuseCQ%5D&startIndex=0&pageSize=20 HTTP/1.1” 404 1519
“http://localhost:8080/share/page/console/admin-console/users”
“Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_3) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko)
Chrome/80.0.3987.149 Safari/537.36”

Is there a 404 error message in the log?

Digital Community Manager, Alfresco Software.
Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!