Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
r_aurelian
Active Member II

Where are the Alfresco Community Edition 201901 GA Files

Jump to solution

Hello!

Sorry if this information is already present somewhere, but I could not find it. Does anyone know where actually are the Alfresco Community Edition 201901 GA files located? I want install using the distribution ZIP, but I cannot find "alfresco-content-services-community-distribution-6.1.2-ga.zip" anywhere.

The Alfresco Community Dowload page shows only the 201806 GA version, as well as 201707 GA.

Where actually are the 201901 GA ZIP files located?

Thank you!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
angelborroy
Alfresco Employee

Re: Where are the Alfresco Community Edition 201901 GA Files

Jump to solution

While Alfresco solves this issue, I've uploaded Distribution ZIP to: 

Release Distribution ZIP · angelborroy/acs-community-packaging · GitHub  

It has been built from sources.

Hyland Developer Evangelist

View solution in original post

11 Replies
angelborroy
Alfresco Employee

Jump to solution

It seems that you have to build the ZIP from source code now...

GitHub - Alfresco/acs-community-packaging: Packaging of Docker containers, war file and zip for Alfr... 

... this is truly Open Source!

angelborroy
Alfresco Employee

Jump to solution

While Alfresco solves this issue, I've uploaded Distribution ZIP to: 

Release Distribution ZIP · angelborroy/acs-community-packaging · GitHub  

It has been built from sources.

r_aurelian
Active Member II

Jump to solution

Thank you very much for your help!

jpotts
Professional

Jump to solution

Strange, they should be available at Alfresco Community Edition - Browse Files at SourceForge.net but they aren't there.

r_aurelian
Active Member II

Jump to solution

I know, I searched it in every location one could find previous Alfresco Community Distributions, but this version cannot be found. Not to mention that other stuff is missing too, like the Search Services..

r_aurelian
Active Member II

Jump to solution

In the end I was not able to deploy Alfresco at all using the distribution files, even after finally finding them. In the past I was able to manually install version 4.x and 5.x, but got stuck in various places with v6. My guess is that there is no more interest in properly documenting and supporting this install method.

I was able to get it running using Docker and probably that is the way to go forward. However, even with the Docker version I am having a small, but ultimately rather important issue, as mentioned here: How to disable Tracking Logo in Community Edition 201901 GA (Docker) 

Basically, my Alfresco server cannot be deemed secure by browsers because somewhere in the code the developers hard-coded an HTTP request to for tracking purposes - was this intentional? or an oversight? Would love to hear the reasoning behind that if anyone knows it..

kring
Member II

Jump to solution

Regarding the Distribution ZIP (I have currently downloaded the Alfresco Community 6.1.2 version) - why is this zip file not containing the alfresco-aos-module-1.2.x.amp?

afaust
Master

Jump to solution

It was intentional way back when it was added, as that was the only way for Alfresco to get some data back on the number of installations / users of Community Edition for marketing purposes (they simply checked their HTTP access logs for that tracking logo). Of course that is redundant now with the new Heartbeat feature, but since Alfresco Share is essentially frozen in place / functionality, it is rarely touched for any changes, and removing the tracking logo certainly would be one of the lowest priorities for Alfresco. I mean, none of their paying customers are affected by it, so why bother, right?

r_aurelian
Active Member II

Jump to solution

OK, I get that, but after all this time now this looks more like sabotage then anything else. I would gladly leave it as it is if the request were HTTPS..

Do you know of any way to elegantly get rid of this so I can get browsers to stop complaining without compiling the whole Share component myself? I do not have the knowledge of how to do that and I do not know how that would fit into the docker method of deploying Alfresco.