Where are the files / info to do a manual install??

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gregorywest

Where are the files / info to do a manual install??

I am trying to reload Alfresco from scratch without using the automatic installer.   The reason for this is simple, I have 3 different programs that all require Tomcat to run, so I would like them all on their own server.   So far I have all the setup of the prerequisites done and am at the point of needing to install the Alfresco WAR and config files. 

Problem is I can not find the prerequisites and any explanation as to the format of the config files.   I know this is problem my just not looking in the correct spot, so couple someone help me out and point me in the right direction!

Thanks in advance

Greg

4 Replies
cesarista
Customer

Re: Where are the files / info to do a manual install??

Hi:

Maybe this post helps for installing Alfresco from scratch without the installer:

Installing Alfresco 5.1.g from scratch - keensoft 

By the way, you may use a bundled install with different ports. You can done this task with the installer in text mode and selecting the advanced configuration. Or even later, you can change your ports in the bundled Tomcat:

- Change Alfresco ports in Alfresco 5 - zylk 

Regards.

--C.

gregorywest

Thanks for all the great info.  I could not get a fully manual install to work right, so ended up going back to the standard install.   Looks like I have to go with plan B.   Not a huge deal, but did not want to burn too many 'Plans' before I got something workable.

cesarista
Customer

Hi Gregory:

These days we are in Beecon 2017 in Zaragoza. This morning Angel Borroy‌ gives a talk that exactly fits with your question. Check the presentation at:

http://beecon.buzz/2017/assets/files/EF09/EF09-Installing-Alfresco-components-1-by-1.pdf 

Regards.

--C.

gregorywest

Hey thanks, that is AWESOME!