Where do I have to define connectors in Alfresco? Can I use them from a “.bpmn” file?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tlosada

Where do I have to define connectors in Alfresco? Can I use them from a “.bpmn” file?

Jump to solution

Good afternoon! I am trying to communicate from Alfresco to a RESTful ws from a workflow. Somebody told me that it will be a good idea to use connector to acomplish that. I am creating a wf in ACS as a .bpmn file, so 3 questions:

1. In what file do I have to define the connector?, I want to do the same as this js script:
var url = "https://google.com";

var xhr = new XMLHttpRequest();
xhr.open("GET", url);

xhr.onreadystatechange = function () {
   if (xhr.readyState === 4) {
      console.log(xhr.status);
      console.log(xhr.responseText);
   }};

xhr.send();
  1. Can I use the connector directly from the .bpmn file? Could you give me an example on how to use it?

2. Could you give me an example to make a GET and a POST call?

Thanks in advance!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jpotts
Professional
4 Replies
EddieMay
Alfresco Employee

Re: Where do I have to define connectors in Alfresco? Can I use them from a “.bpmn” file?

Jump to solution

Hi @tlosada 

This is this Alfresco API tutorial, with plenty of example, of using the APIs.

HTH,

Digital Community Manager, Alfresco Software.
Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!
tlosada

Re: Where do I have to define connectors in Alfresco? Can I use them from a “.bpmn” file?

Jump to solution

Thanks for the quick response, but I need specifically to trigger this API call from a workflow and there is nothing about that in the tutorial. Could you please answer my 3 questions? Thank you very much and best regards!

jpotts
Professional
tlosada

Jump to solution

Thank you very much and excuse me for all of my questions. I am new to Alfresco and not a developer jeje.

This is the answer I wanted! More on this video: