cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tobias
Member II

where is the metadata stored

Hello,

I got a VM with a CENTOS and alfresco installed on it. My job is to extract all Documents with metadata and transfer it to an other ECM. It themes that the installation on the VM is dead and the alfresco will not start any more. The one who build up and maintanance this server is not aviadable anymore so my job is a combination of Indiana Jones and Sherlock Homes.

I have no idea what is the concept of alfrsco. I found an postgresql, a tomcat, tracks of SVN and two folders that maybe contains that what Iam searching for. Both in the home-folder.

One is called DATA, it contains the document-files like "ac7a2c25-614d-11e2-b77d-e970ff08ef1f.bin" in a subfolder-structure sorted by date.

The other one is called indexes, with a subfolder structure "archive, locks, system, user, workspace". Inside workspace are two more folders lightweightVersionStore and SpaceStore. Both contain a lot of folders named for example "31b56fb2-8d45-11e2-a934-af8d9ca07594" I think this could be the metadata.

I also searched in all databases and tables in the postresql db for something like metadata but this out success.

Can some one give me a hint where I can find the meta-data for these documents?

2 Replies
jljwoznica

Re: where is the metadata stored

Meta data is stored in the database. 

You might want to check out this post: https://hub.alfresco.com/t5/alfresco-content-services-forum/alfresco-database-schema-diagram-erd/m-p...

Tobias
Member II

Re: where is the metadata stored

Oh thank you. I have done somthing wrong with my test users privlileges, so I did not see all the alf_* tables. Now I know where I have to search.