where to apply changes in the project... not getting source..

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
farooq6474
Member II

where to apply changes in the project... not getting source..

Hello Experts,

I have an alfresco "ALL-IN-ONE" configured in my eclipse..... but not getting where the source code is.. so that i can apply changes that would reflect when i run code...... i got some.. but they did not have affect while executing .... i'm attaching a screenshot.... please help me....

Which is the part where i 

3 Replies
jpotts
Professional

Re: where to apply changes in the project... not getting source..

We would like to help you but we cannot tell what you are trying to do from your post and your screenshot. What I can tell is that you have created a project using the Alfresco Maven SDK and that the first level of folders appear to be what I would expect for an all-in-one project.

The next step is to describe what you are trying to do. For example, if you wanted to add some actions or some web scripts that run on the Alfresco repository tier, you'd go into the source for the All_in_one-repo-amp folder. If you want to make some Share configuration changes you'd go into the source for the All_in_one-share-amp folder.

If you need more details, perhaps you should read these tutorials: About the Alfresco Developer Tutorial Series | ECM Architect 

If you are trying to make direct changes to the Alfresco source code, you do not use the SDK to do that. The SDK is used to extend Alfresco in a non-invasive way. 99.9% of what you need to do can be handled this way, so you are encouraged to use the SDK.

In the very rare case that you need to change the core Alfresco source code, you can check it out from Subversion at alfresco-open-mirror - Revision 134897: /alfresco . But, just to reiterate, that is rare and not recommended.

farooq6474
Member II

Sorry for not providing enough information..... What i want to do is... "Create Site" should be made hidden for non-admin and vice versa .....

i have changed in following path

1. share/WEB-INF/classes/alfresco/site-webscripts/org/alfresco/modules/header/sites.get.html.ftl
2. share/WEB-INF/classes/alfresco/site-webscripts/org/alfresco/modules/header/sites.get.js

but it did not affect the output.... so i thought i might be doing it in wrong path...

can you help me finding the source code where i can do the changes and that can help me in developing??? or is there any source where i can get the whole project which is executable???

jpotts
Professional

Removing the create site link from all the places it appears has already been done for you. It is in an add-on called "site-creators". Download the repo AMP and the Share AMP from here:

Releases · jpotts/share-site-creators · GitHub 

Then install the AMP by stopping your server, placing the repo AMP in your "amps" directory and the Share AMP in your "amps_share" directory, running bin/apply_amps.sh, then starting your server.

When the server is back up, log in and go to the admin console. Edit the "Site Creators" group and assign the users or groups that you'd like to be able to create sites.

More information, including the source code, can be found in the GitHub project.