Where to download alfresco search services?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
peter_horvath

Where to download alfresco search services?

Jump to solution

The link here: https://www.alfresco.com/thank-you/thank-you-downloading-alfresco-community-edition  doesn't contain anything. There only

alfresco-content-services-community-distribution-6.1.2-ga.zip

can be downloaded, but I need also

alfresco-search-services-1.3.x.zip and alfresco-file-transfer-receiver-6.2.1.zip

to install the community edition.

Kindly regards,

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jpotts
Professional

Re: Where to download alfresco search services?

Jump to solution

Starting with 6.0 the releases are shipping as Docker containers. As you've discovered, Alfresco is putting the effort around shipping containers rather than individual pieces of the platform. You can get the Alfresco Search Services container from Docker Hub here: Docker Hub 

View solution in original post

6 Replies
peter_horvath

Jump to solution

I could finally find it in your public nexus repository here: Index of /repositories/public/org/alfresco/alfresco-search-services/1.3.0 

Please, support the container-less solutions better. I simply can't see the reason, why should I create a virtual machine only for a single daemon. Why it can't be a single war? Or a command-line jar?

jpotts
Professional

Jump to solution

Starting with 6.0 the releases are shipping as Docker containers. As you've discovered, Alfresco is putting the effort around shipping containers rather than individual pieces of the platform. You can get the Alfresco Search Services container from Docker Hub here: Docker Hub 

peter_horvath

Jump to solution

Thank you very much the information.

I hope, maybe the more direct options (i.e. no containers) could be also better utilized.

jpotts
Professional

Jump to solution

I don't think Alfresco has any closed source code they are trying to hide. The source code is open and available, even the enterprise-only source. Maybe you could be more specific about what is being hidden?

Also, in the above thread we've been talking about deployment and installation, not the source code. The source is on GitHub.

msuzuki

Jump to solution

Peter Horvath thank you for bringing this to our attention, we have added the zip and it can be found in

https://download.alfresco.com/cloudfront/release/community/SearchServices/1.3.0.1/alfresco-search-se... 

We will ensure future community releases are uploaded here as well.

cfinzel

Jump to solution

Hi Peter, we have updated the following page https://www.alfresco.com/thank-you/thank-you-downloading-alfresco-community-edition that provides now links to the "zip" files you requested:

• Distribution.zip
  • Alfresco Search Services 1.3.0.1.zip
  • Alfresco File Transfer Receiver 6.2.1.zip