Why are the following options not honoured when setting up solr6 search service on ubuntu - SOLR_SOLR_CONTENT_DIR=/var/lib/solr6/contentStore & SOLR_SOLR_MODEL_DIR=/var/lib/solr6/alfrescoModels

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
smcardle
Member II

Why are the following options not honoured when setting up solr6 search service on ubuntu - SOLR_SOLR_CONTENT_DIR=/var/lib/solr6/contentStore & SOLR_SOLR_MODEL_DIR=/var/lib/solr6/alfrescoModels

When setting up solr6 search service on ubuntu the following environment options are ignored

SOLR_SOLR_CONTENT_DIR=/var/lib/solr6/contentStore

SOLR_SOLR_MODEL_DIR=/var/lib/solr6/alfrescoModels

I always get the alfresoModels folder created as in the default directory 

/opt/alfresco-search-services/solrhome/alfrescoModels and I am not even getting a contentStore folder

By the way this is before actually trying to connect to a running alfresco instance.

I have a couple of other other issues as well regarding environment variables.

SOLR_LOGS_DIR=/var/lib/solr6/logs

also does not work !!!!

And lastly.....

The command

/opt/alfresco-search-services/solr/bin/solr start -force -a "-Dcreate.alfresco.defaults=alfresco,archive"

Does not create the cores !!!!

I have to go into the solr admin UI and create them or run the commands

To create them in the directory I want

These are actually being set as a part of a docker-compose.yml and I want the logs / cores / contentStore and alfrescoModels setup on my volume for persistence when restarting the docker image.

solr6:

image: pdubois/solr6:latest

environment:

- ALFRESCO_HOST=alfresco

- XMS=2048

- XMX=2048

- SOLR_DATA_DIR_ROOT=/var/lib/solr6

- SOLR_LOGS_DIR=/var/lib/solr6/logs

- SOLR_SOLR_CONTENT_DIR=/var/lib/solr6/contentStore

- SOLR_SOLR_MODEL_DIR=/var/lib/solr6/alfrescoModels

ports:

- "8983:8983"

volumes:

- /var/data/solr6:/var/lib/solr6

The Dockerfile contains the -D jvm options like so

/opt/alfresco-search-services/solr/bin/solr start -force -a "-Dcreate.alfresco.defaults=alfresco,archive"

Because it does not create these cores there are other issues with the Dockerfile when trying to sed values into the conf/solrcore.properties files but I'll take a look at those when I can get the cores created in the location I want them in

Regards

Steve

1 Reply
andy1

Re: Why are the following options not honoured when setting up solr6 search service on ubuntu - SOLR_SOLR_CONTENT_DIR=/var/lib/solr6/contentStore & SOLR_SOLR_MODEL_DIR=/var/lib/solr6/alfrescoModels

Hi

Is the image you are using a released thing? This does not look like an Alfresco artifact.

image: pdubois/solr6:latest

Andy