Why is it that Alfresco and OpenCMIS forum is missing a basic and absolutely essential functionality like gettting a fullpath of document or folder from root

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sporuri

Why is it that Alfresco and OpenCMIS forum is missing a basic and absolutely essential functionality like gettting a fullpath of document or folder from root

Why is it that Alfresco and OpenCMIS forum is missing a basic and absolutely essential functionality like gettting a fullpath of document or folder from root.  I am using apache chemistry package as opencmis for my alfresco repository. I am struggling to fetch the full document or folder path. 

Is it not a basic and fundamental requirement of any document management system?

2 Replies
angelborroy
Alfresco Employee

Re: Why is it that Alfresco and OpenCMIS forum is missing a basic and absolutely essential functionality like gettting a fullpath of document or folder from root

janv
Alfresco Employee

Re: Why is it that Alfresco and OpenCMIS forum is missing a basic and absolutely essential functionality like gettting a fullpath of document or folder from root

In addition to Angel Borroy‌ useful link above (to get a node by path) ...

Given a node (eg. document or folder), maybe returned from a search query, you can also use the Content Services REST API to return the path of the node via "include=path", see:

Alfresco Content Services REST API Explorer 

It should be noted that this is the *primary* path. Also, if the user does not have permission to one or more parents on the path, then the path will stop at the first missing parent (with incomplete=true).

Hope this helps :-)

Regards,

Jan