Workflow unable to be completed, error only.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
erichkey
Active Member II

Workflow unable to be completed, error only.

I'm fairly new with Alfresco so I'm still learning the ropes.

My issue initially was that workflow notification emails were not sent out so I modified the Alfresco-global.properties file as follow:

I've set the following to true:

notification.email.siteinvite=true

And I've added the following line according to Email Notifications in workflows :

### E-mail site activity setting ###
activities.feed.notifier.repeatIntervalMins=5

Afterwards I tested to see if emails were sent out but not as of yet. After I restarted the VM to see if that might help, I got a new error when testing the workflow after pressing Approve or Reject:

I since have removed the added lines and undid changes mentioned above. I have also restarted the VM but still end up with this error.

Thanks in advance.

7 Replies
afaust
Master

Re: Workflow unable to be completed, error only.

That error is completely unrelated to the email / invite notification configuration. You apparently have some rule / action configured somewhere that gets directly / indirectly triggered by a listener in a custom process (none of the default processes to anything with content), and the rule / action triggered is missing a parameter (or the parameter contains a NodeRef that is now invalid due to the node having been deleted since).

erichkey
Active Member II

Thanks for the response. The strange thing is, this only occurred after I restarted the VM. Any suggestions as to where I might correct this issue so I can get back the original email notification issue?

erichkey
Active Member II

Update: I have restored to the original Alfresco-global.properties file but the error still shows up. Any suggestions?

afaust
Master

This has nothing to do with your alfresco-global.properties. You have a rule configured in the repository (on a node / folder somewhere) which contains an action (i.e. copy / move-to) which points to a folder that may have been deleted. It is impossible for me to tell where you might find this configuration without knowing your repository layout, the detail message / stacktrace of your error (potentially found in alfresco.log or via the browser developer tools in the "network" section) or any idea which folder your custom workflow may be touching. If you have not configured / developed the custom workflow or set up any copy / move-to related rules anywhere in the repository, you may need to find the person that did, unless you can find sufficient information in the logs to help you identify the source (or anyone here if you can share the logs).

erichkey
Active Member II

Apologies for delayed response, I am trying to contact the previous admin for answers as I'm still fairly new with Alfresco as well as Linux. Will get back ASAP.

erichkey
Active Member II

I have pulled the log file Alfresco.log but I can't spot anything that would indicate an error there. On a side note I created task with the default option and not the customs ones but each of them gave the same error.

Here's the Alfresco.log file I pulled, please do let me know if there is something I can add to make the situation more helpful:

https://ufile.io/8ku0a 

afaust
Master

Yeah, apparently the rule error is not being reported to the log, which is too bad. Looking at the code I don't see any other way to pinpoint the root cause other than doing a live-debugging of the service using an IDE's integrated remote debugger...