cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vmiorga
Active Member II

Workflow with Alfresco 4.2

Jump to solution

Hello, I am trying to create a workflow for alfresco 4.2.

I found this tuto for the version 5.2, and I use it for the inspiration: Creating Custom Advanced Workflows in Alfresco | ECMArchitect | Alfresco Developer Tutorials 

And I am actually stuck:

• I used the SDK 3 to download the archetype all-in-one, and I successfully applied the modification to compile for the version 4.2.
  • I added the Activiti BPMN 2.0 designer to eclipse, and successfully created the two workflow (.bpmn file)
  • the problem occurred when I modify the bootstrap-context.xml, once I edit this file I have the following error, and the Alfresco instance (launch with the batch) won’t start.

my questions are:

• the archetype had create a .bpmn20.xml file, what’s the difference between the .bpmn20.xml and the .bpmn?
  • does the configuration of bootstrap-context.xml change between alfresco 4 and 5 ?

org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'workflow-platform-jar.dictionaryBootstrap' defined in class path resource [alfresco/module/workflow-platform-jar/context/bootstrap-context.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is org.alfresco.service.cmr.dictionary.DictionaryException: 08210000 Could not find bootstrap model alfresco/module/workflow-platform-jar/model/content-model.xml

[...]

Caused by: org.alfresco.service.cmr.dictionary.DictionaryException: 08210000 Could not find bootstrap model alfresco/module/workflow-platform-jar/model/content-model.xml

error following by this when I try to log on alfresco:

2017-09-21 13:57:00,365  ERROR [solr.tracker.CoreTracker] [SolrTrackerScheduler_Worker-3] Tracking failed
 org.alfresco.error.AlfrescoRuntimeException: 08210001 GetModelsDiff return status is 404

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jpotts
Professional

Re: Workflow with Alfresco 4.2

Jump to solution

The extension of the BPMN files changed across releases.

The Spring context file config hasn't really changed, but pay close attention to the model name. Your error says it cannot find "content-model.xml". The tutorial used "scWorkflowModel.xml". Whatever name you ended up using for the actual file, make sure it matches what is in the Spring config.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
jpotts
Professional

Jump to solution

The extension of the BPMN files changed across releases.

The Spring context file config hasn't really changed, but pay close attention to the model name. Your error says it cannot find "content-model.xml". The tutorial used "scWorkflowModel.xml". Whatever name you ended up using for the actual file, make sure it matches what is in the Spring config.

vmiorga
Active Member II

Jump to solution

Yes the issue was link to the name .... the auto formating of eclipse added a line break betwen the file path and the </prop> tag ....

this:

<props>

<prop key="location">alfresco/module/${project.artifactId}/workflow/helloWorld.bpmn

</prop>

</props>

should be correct in:

<props>

<prop key="location">alfresco/module/${project.artifactId}/workflow/helloWorld.bpmn</prop>

</props>