The official documentation is at: http://docs.alfresco.com
These procedures describe how to download and install WCM (Web Content Management) to work with Alfresco on any platform.
Before you start, ensure that:
- Alfresco is installed (for information on how to install Alfresco, see Installing on Microsoft Windows or Installing on Linux
- the WCM version you choose is the same as your Alfresco version
- the latest JDK 6 version is installed
- the following two environment variables are set to the path of your JDK installation:
- Set the
JAVA_HOME environment variable to point to the base directory of your Java installation
export JAVA_HOME='This is where your java installation is located.'
- Add Java's
/bin directory to the
PATH environment variable
To download and install WCM:
- Go to http://wiki.alfresco.com/wiki/Download_Community_Edition or Alfresco Network for the Enterpise version and download the package matching your Alfresco, which is one of the following files:
- Download the file into the Alfresco home directory. For example:
To configure WCM:
- Browse to the Alfresco home directory, and unzip the file. If your unzip program asks about existing directories, allow this because no existing files will be overwritten.
- In the root of the Alfresco home directory, move the file
wcm-bootstrap-context.xml to the Alfresco extension directory. For example, for tomcat the directory is at:
- (Windows) C:\Alfresco\tomcat\shared\classes\alfresco\extension
- (Linux) tomcat/shared/classes/alfresco/extension.
- Restart the Alfresco server. This ensures that the Alfresco server starts to use the installed WCM components. For more information on restarting the Alfresco server, see Running Alfresco
- To check that the WCM installation is successful, check the
alfresco.log file, which is in the Alfresco home directory. Search for the following text The Web Forms folder was successfully created: and The Web Projects folder was successfully created:
Which should be shown the first time WCM is bootstrapped.
- Check using Alfresco Explorer that the following additional spaces are in your Alfresco repository:
- Web Projects in Company Home
- Web Forms in Data Dictionary