The official documentation is at: http://docs.alfresco.com
This is my installation log for a full setup bundle for linux. Is work in progress, but since the 'installer' never works as expected and the system hardly ever works easily, I decided to put down my notes here.
Comments, answers and questions welcome in the forum, here or to norgan dhot han at gmx dott net
install Alfresco bundle & co
You can choose the graphical installer or the console mode installer. Both are incomplete at best, both wont ask for the database selection. So let it run with default settings and maybe your own path, then check the following :
- cd to the installdir
- vi alfresco.sh - check ALF_HOME and JAVA_HOME and correct it if needed
- vi tomcat/shared/classes/alfresco/extensions/custom-repository.properties
- check ooo.exe path (/usr/lib/ooo3/program/soffice)
- check ooo.usr path ~/.oouser or something similar
- check ImageMagick Path to installation (/usr) - call /usr/bin/convert to test
- check pdf2swf path to executable (e.g. /usr/local/bin/pdf2wf)
Dont change the database but use derby to make sure, everything else works fine. I have lots of problems getting the Labs Installers to work with mysql.
- ./alfresco.sh start
with your favourite browser, call
- http://localhost:8080/alfresco + login
- http://localhost:8080/share + login
- test doc2pdf conversion
- test flash preview
- test flash upload
- test image conversion
Now you may swith to mysql, if needs be.
Its still not done, I will be back.