The official documentation is at: http://docs.alfresco.com
Design DiscussionsResearch For Future Features
This is the hand-over of content from one repository to another. The principal actors are the repository that is sending content, the repository that is receiving the content and the administrators who are managing this exchange. There will probably multiple use cases including the push of content from one to many repositories and the pull of content from one repository to another. There are also ancillary use cases around the follow-up actions that can occur to the exchange or the compensation to failure of the exchange.
This use case is about the movement of content from one repository to another. There have been some attempts to solve simple syndication in the form of RSS, but the class of replication required by enterprises and B2B are much more complex. Internal replication of content bases is something that only large organizations have been able to accomplish after a great deal of effort. By establishing a set of web services interfaces, it should be possible for 3rd party developers to simplify this process and provide whole solutions for replications. As the industry consolidates to fewer players, this should be an enabler to allow that to occur.
- Geographic replication ï¿½ Sharing and synchronizing content bases between two or more geographic sites for the purpose of knowledge sharing or re-use of web content for closer proximity or translation.
- B2B replication ï¿½ Create new classes of content services by allowing the external management of records repositories or shared business processes. Industry clusters such as aerospace or pharmaceutical could share and trade information with collaboration partners with the added security of web services security access without opening up firewalls.
- B2B syndication ï¿½ RSS solves a set of problems for syndicating content, but more complex push and pull of information such information related to commercial transactions or process related information such as specifications or quality certificates requires more sophisticated handling of security, classification and lifecycle.
Offline Synchronization - Tools to manage download sets for off-line users that provides both the content and metadata for accessing the content. Synchronize when next connected.
- System Administrator
- Job Scheduler
- System Administrator provides authentication credentials for two repositories for logging into a central authentication service.
- System provides a list of content types, a list of repositories, and a list of search criteria to qualify the content to be replicated.
- System Administrator specifies the content type, and search criteria of the source repository.
- System Administrator specifies the target repository to send the content to.
- System submits the transfer request and job schedule to a Job Scheduler.
- Job Scheduler invokes the transfer request at the specified time.
- Job Scheduler provides authentication credentials, source repository, content types, and search criteria for the source content.
- Job Scheduler provides authentication credentials for the target repository.
- System executes the content transfer asynchronously
- System returns the execution status to Job Scheduler
- System succeeds or fails in the transfer.