Access uploaded content in a ServiceTask?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mario_fliegner
Active Member II

Access uploaded content in a ServiceTask?

Jump to solution

Hi all,

I need some advice because I'm messing around with a requirement without getting any solution. All I wanna do is to access some previous uploaded files (in a User Task, from the upload form field) in a downstream ServiceTask. For me it looks like that the example behind the following link is the way to go:

https://community.alfresco.com/docs/DOC-6837-getting-started-with-alfresco-activiti-enterprise#jive_... 

I assume I can get the content by injecting (or "Autowireing") the RelatedContentService (?):

RelatedContentService relatedContentService;

The issue I get is already right after copy&paste the demo code from the above link to my project. The project has been created with the org.alfresco.maven.archetype:activiti-jar-archetype (see attached screenshot).

But the following packages can not be resolved (see attached screenshot):

import com.activiti.content.storage.api.ContentObject;
import com.activiti.extension.domain.runtime.RelatedContent;

Which dependencies are missing here? If I double check at maven.alfresco.com/nexus for RelatedContent, it only refers to a class within a org.activiti package. Even the ContentObject seems to be only available in org.activiti group of the content-storage-api artifact. However, if I use the classes from the org.activiti package instead, the startup of the application server crashes with the following:

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Failed to introspect bean class [com.activiti.extension.bean.MyTestClass] for persistence metadata: could not find class that it depends on
        at org.springframework.orm.jpa.support.PersistenceAnnotationBeanPostProcessor.findPersistenceMetadata(PersistenceAnnotationBeanPostProcessor.java:401)
        at org.springframework.orm.jpa.support.PersistenceAnnotationBeanPostProcessor.postProcessMergedBeanDefinition(PersistenceAnnotationBeanPostProcessor.java:333)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.applyMergedBeanDefinitionPostProcessors(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:992)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.doCreateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:523)
        ... 28 more
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Lorg/activiti/app/service/runtime/RelatedContentService;

Can anyone help me with that issue, please? Maybe the approach is wrong? Again, what I need is, just to get the uploaded content from a previous UserTask in a ServiceTask.

Thanks!

BR,

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
fegor

Re: Access uploaded content in a ServiceTask?

Jump to solution

Hi!

You do need activiti-app-logic-1.5.3.jar (or other version) dependency in your pom.xml

For example:

<dependency>
   <groupId>${activiti.groupId}</groupId>
   <artifactId>activiti-app-logic</artifactId>
   <version>${activiti.version}</version>
   <exclusions>
      <!-- Exclude the SLF4J JAR so we don't get multiple binding warnings when running -->
      <exclusion>
         <groupId>org.slf4j</groupId>
         <artifactId>slf4j-log4j12</artifactId>
      </exclusion>
   </exclusions>
</dependency>

Regards.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
fegor

Jump to solution

Hi!

You do need activiti-app-logic-1.5.3.jar (or other version) dependency in your pom.xml

For example:

<dependency>
   <groupId>${activiti.groupId}</groupId>
   <artifactId>activiti-app-logic</artifactId>
   <version>${activiti.version}</version>
   <exclusions>
      <!-- Exclude the SLF4J JAR so we don't get multiple binding warnings when running -->
      <exclusion>
         <groupId>org.slf4j</groupId>
         <artifactId>slf4j-log4j12</artifactId>
      </exclusion>
   </exclusions>
</dependency>

Regards.

mario_fliegner
Active Member II

Jump to solution

Fernando González‌ thanks! The mentioned dependency is available in the POM after creating the project with the org.alfresco.maven.archetype:activiti-jar-archetype artifact. However, I do not see the packages / classes in the JAR file so the IDE doesn't see it either!???

Missing packages / classes in JAR file

Dependencies in POM

Any thoughts what I'm doing wrong?

BR,

Mario

fegor

Jump to solution

Ah!!, ok, ok, have you tried doing this from terminal?

mvn eclipse:eclipse

This synchronize dependencies with Eclipse from maven.

Regards.

mario_fliegner
Active Member II

Jump to solution

I don't have Eclipse as IDE.

fegor

Jump to solution

Ops! I'm sorry. Then do can use maven in command mode for test this dependency and after watch your config with your IDE.