cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alfresco_one
Member II

Activiti 1.5 and Springboot external application

Hi,

I have tomcat where I have deployed activiti-app.war, activiti-admin.war and activiti-rest.war. I am developing standalone Springboot application that will talk to my activiti-app.war (on other tomact). I need help in below things!

1. How can I login to my activiti-app which is running on tomcat A from my Springboot app which is running on server B? What rest URL I need to use in order to login to activiti-app from external application?
  2.  Is there any way to print the list of all the rest URLs of activiti-app. Just like we do for Alfresco localhost:8080/services/index. When I do localhost:8080/activiti-app/api, it provides username and password and when I provide it it shows StringIndexOutOfBoundsException.
  3. As I deployed my activiti-app.war on a separate tomact, do I need to add activiti-engine dependency in my Springboot app which is the external app talks to activiti-app?

Thank you in advance!

3 Replies
cjose
Senior Member II

Re: Activiti 1.5 and Springboot external application

Alfresco Process Service comes with a rich set of APIs. Please refer the 1.5 documentation which can be found at Alfresco Activiti for more details.

From 1.6 onwards the documentation has been moved to a new format which you can find at Alfresco Process Services 1.6 | Alfresco Documentation. APS version 1.6 onwards, you should be able to browse through all the APIs using the API Explorer which is available at http://localhost:8080/activiti-app/api-explorer.html (assuming you have Alfresco Process Service installed on your localhost running on 8080. Otherwise, please modify the url accordingly). You can also use the cloud instances's (running v1.6) API Explorer to browse the API documentation which is available at Alfresco Process Services API Explorer

Hope this answers your questions.

Cheers,

Ciju

alfresco_one
Member II

Thanks for your reply. does it mean we need to authenticate (pass username/pass) every time we want to interact with activiti app from some standalone spring app via REST? I meant, is there anything called ticket just like we have in Alfresco? 

Thank you

cjose
Senior Member II

As far as I know there isn't a ticket feature in Process Services. However there are extension points available if you would like to override the default security over REST APIs. Please see Security configuration overrides | Alfresco Documentation  for more details.