Activiti 7 Docker Database Issue

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hbobertz

Activiti 7 Docker Database Issue

Jump to solution

I recently cloned the acitiviti docker example and followed the steps outlined in the readme (By just changing the .env file by adding my machines ip address) and ran make all.  Runtime-Bundle logs was continuously crashing and restarting while repeatedly giving the following error.

example-runtime-bundle             | ### Cause: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: column "app_version_" of relation "act_re_procdef" does not exist
example-runtime-bundle             |   Position: 235
example-runtime-bundle             |    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.ConstructorResolver.createArgumentArray(ConstructorResolver.java:769)
example-runtime-bundle             |    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.ConstructorResolver.instantiateUsingFactoryMethod(ConstructorResolver.java:509)
example-runtime-bundle             |    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.instantiateUsingFactoryMethod(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1320)
example-runtime-bundle             |    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBeanInstance(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1159)
example-runtime-bundle             |    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.doCreateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:555)
example-runtime-bundle             |    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:515)
example-runtime-bundle             |    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.lambda$doGetBean$0(AbstractBeanFactory.java:320)
example-runtime-bundle             |    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.getSingleton(DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.java:222)
example-runtime-bundle             |    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.doGetBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:318)
example-runtime-bundle             |    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:199)
example-runtime-bundle             |    at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.getBean(AbstractApplicationContext.java:1105)
example-runtime-bundle             |    at org.springframework.boot.actuate.endpoint.annotation.EndpointDiscoverer.createEndpointBean(EndpointDiscoverer.java:141)
example-runtime-bundle             |    at org.springframework.boot.actuate.endpoint.annotation.EndpointDiscoverer.createEndpointBeans(EndpointDiscoverer.java:131)
example-runtime-bundle             |    at org.springframework.boot.actuate.endpoint.annotation.EndpointDiscoverer.discoverEndpoints(EndpointDiscoverer.java:120)
example-runtime-bundle             |    at org.springframework.boot.actuate.endpoint.annotation.EndpointDiscoverer.getEndpoints(EndpointDiscoverer.java:114)

To fix the error I SQL'd into my activiti database and added the app_version_ column it was expecting using the following commands:

psql -h localhost -p 5432 -d activitidb -U activiti --password
ALTER TABLE act_re_procdef ADD COLUMN app_version_ VARCHAR;

This seemed to fix the prevoius error but when I run the startprocess endpoint on the default postman collection I get a 422 with the response

{
  "code": 422,
  "message": "Process definition with the given id:'SimpleProcess:1:eff69ff7-5422-11ea-a639-0242c0a8800b' belongs to a different application version."
}

Is this related to the quick SQL fix I made or is this perhaps the result of an out of date postman collection? Other than than the changes listed above the example docker repo has been unchanged.

EDIT: This issue has been solved, see comments below

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
hbobertz

Re: Activiti 7 Docker Database Issue

Jump to solution

Yes I solved this issue without needing to modify SQL tables by simply updating to the most recent version (7.10.m6) and repulling the images. This was originally posted under version 7.10.m5

You can do this by editing your .env file to the following

DOCKER_IP=(your ip here)
VERSION=7.1.0.M6
KEYCLOAK_REALM=activiti
KEYCLOAK_RESOURCE=activiti

View solution in original post

3 Replies
vishnujsr
Member II

Jump to solution

is it resolved ? I am also facing same issue, however i haven't modified any activiti db table.

hbobertz

Jump to solution

Yes I solved this issue without needing to modify SQL tables by simply updating to the most recent version (7.10.m6) and repulling the images. This was originally posted under version 7.10.m5

You can do this by editing your .env file to the following

DOCKER_IP=(your ip here)
VERSION=7.1.0.M6
KEYCLOAK_REALM=activiti
KEYCLOAK_RESOURCE=activiti

EddieMay
Alfresco Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @hbobertz,

Thanks for returning to explain how you resolved your issue - that's really helpful to other users.

Best wishes, 

Digital Community Manager, Alfresco Software.
Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!