cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gdharley
Intermediate

Activiti Enterprise - Google Drive Integration

Jump to solution

I am trying to use the Alfresco Enterprise - Google Drive integration but am unable to get it configured.

The docs (here) are very unhelpful as the first thing that shows up in the destination panel is an "Account" field.

I have tried to setup accounts in the endpoint and endpoint authorizations but they dont show up in account pulldown.
And, the docs say we may need to setup an account in the Identity Manager -> Personal tab, but there is no such option in that tab (just the ability to change my own password).

Anyone managed to get Google Drive (or even Box) integration working?

Thanks
Greg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
gdharley
Intermediate

Re: Activiti Enterprise - Google Drive Integration

Jump to solution

Since no-one seems to know how to do this, I worked it out myself by crawling through the code.

Details below:

Activiti Enterprise now provides the means to save documents to a single Google Drive repository.
This article provides instructions on how to configure access to this for upload of documents using the Google Drive integration.
Step 1 - Generate your Google API Credentials
First, you need to create a set of credentials and open the google drive API.
To do this, follow the instructions here:
Note, you need to create credentials for a “Web Application” and you must add the “googledrive.web.javascript_origins” and googledrive.web.redirect_uris” from the activiti=app properties when requested (these must match or you will get an unauthorized error).
Step 2 : Activity-App Configuration
Now, update the Google Drive properties in your activity-app.properties file shown below:
# Google drive OAuth configuration
googledrive.web.disabled=true
googledrive.web.client_secret=RegisterWithGoogleForYourSecret
googledrive.web.client_email=RegisterWithGoogleForYourEmail
googledrive.web.client_x509_cert_url=RegisterWithGoogleForYourCert
googledrive.web.client_id=RegisterWithGoogleForYourClientId
googledrive.web.auth_provider_x509_cert_url=https://www.googleapis.com/oauth2/v1/certs
googledrive.web.javascript_origins=http://localhost:8080/activiti-app
All the settings in red above must be updated to match the credentials you created earlier.
Once updated, restart the application server to have the new properties read.
Step 3 - Add a Google Drive save activity to your process
Open your process definition and drag a “Publish to Google Drive” task to your process:
Now, select the activity and open the “Google Drive Destination” property. You will be presented with a panel like:
Now, open the “Select Folder” and select the destination for your documents.
New, Open the "Google Drive Content" property:
Choose the content you want to upload.
Currently, I don’t believe the Metadata properties do anything.
Hope this saves someone some time as it took a full afternoon to work out myself.
Greg
bp3‌

View solution in original post

1 Reply
gdharley
Intermediate

Re: Activiti Enterprise - Google Drive Integration

Jump to solution

Since no-one seems to know how to do this, I worked it out myself by crawling through the code.

Details below:

Activiti Enterprise now provides the means to save documents to a single Google Drive repository.
This article provides instructions on how to configure access to this for upload of documents using the Google Drive integration.
Step 1 - Generate your Google API Credentials
First, you need to create a set of credentials and open the google drive API.
To do this, follow the instructions here:
Note, you need to create credentials for a “Web Application” and you must add the “googledrive.web.javascript_origins” and googledrive.web.redirect_uris” from the activiti=app properties when requested (these must match or you will get an unauthorized error).
Step 2 : Activity-App Configuration
Now, update the Google Drive properties in your activity-app.properties file shown below:
# Google drive OAuth configuration
googledrive.web.disabled=true
googledrive.web.client_secret=RegisterWithGoogleForYourSecret
googledrive.web.client_email=RegisterWithGoogleForYourEmail
googledrive.web.client_x509_cert_url=RegisterWithGoogleForYourCert
googledrive.web.client_id=RegisterWithGoogleForYourClientId
googledrive.web.auth_provider_x509_cert_url=https://www.googleapis.com/oauth2/v1/certs
googledrive.web.javascript_origins=http://localhost:8080/activiti-app
All the settings in red above must be updated to match the credentials you created earlier.
Once updated, restart the application server to have the new properties read.
Step 3 - Add a Google Drive save activity to your process
Open your process definition and drag a “Publish to Google Drive” task to your process:
Now, select the activity and open the “Google Drive Destination” property. You will be presented with a panel like:
Now, open the “Select Folder” and select the destination for your documents.
New, Open the "Google Drive Content" property:
Choose the content you want to upload.
Currently, I don’t believe the Metadata properties do anything.
Hope this saves someone some time as it took a full afternoon to work out myself.
Greg
bp3‌