Activiti Explorer external database connection

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ricardojj

Activiti Explorer external database connection

I can't connect Activiti Explorer with MySQL, I already configured the db.properties file, but it doesn't make a successful connection. Same place the mysql-connector-java-5.1.40-bin.jar connector in the lib folder, but I could not connect.  db.properties  db = activiti jdbc.driver = com.mysql.jdbc.Driver jdbc.url = jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/activiti jdbc.username = root jdbc.password = 1234  Does anyone know the reason why they can't connect?
7 Replies
thuynh
Established Member II

Re: Activiti Explorer external database connection

Hi  ,

You must have a stack trace. Could you share it? 

Thanks,

Thong Huynh

ajeje93
Active Member II

If you haven't done yet, you have to create the Activiti tables inside your MySQL database named "activiti", the queries to do that are included inside the download of Activiti from the website, in the folder database/create. Inside the folder the files that you need are activiti.mysql.create.engine.sql, activiti.mysql.create.history.sql, activiti.mysql.create.identity.sql. If you are using MySQL 5.5, then you have to use activiti.mysql55.create.engine.sql, activiti.mysql55.create.history.sql and the last one is the same as before (activiti.mysql.create.identity.sql).

The settings and driver that you are using should to be correct.

Hope this helps.

Greetings,

Ludovico

pedwards99
Partner

Hi Ricardo,

Did you set the hibernate dialect ?

hibernate.dialect=org.hibernate.dialect.MySQLDialect

Also, one other issue I have seen in the past is needing to disable SSL on the connection

datasource.url=jdbc:mysql://127.0.0.1:3306/activiti?characterEncoding=UTF-8&useSSL=false

Hope this helps

Regards

Paul

ashokhathal
Member II

Hi,

Can you confirm that you are using same jar which needs to compatible with My sql database.

pedwards99
Partner

Hi A H

I am running MySQL 5.7.17 and using the JAR mysql-connector-java-5.1.40-bin.jar. All works ok for me.

I've had another thought. I'm running on Linux (Fedora 25). After installing MySQL you need to run /usr/bin/mysql_secure_installation

On my first attempt, i forgot to do this and the root user was not allowed to connect (even from localhost). 

Regards

Paul

endrigo
Member II

Hi, guys!

I trying to use activiti-explorer-5.22.0 with mysql 5.7.18 and lib mysql-connector-java-5.1.41.jar under windows 7.

When i start o tomcat all tables are created, i can make a login and use some features but,  when i click model workspace its doesn't work. Alfresco Activiti open but i can't see bpmn components. 

When i use it on postgree i don't have problems. 

Please , Could someone help me? 

jbrasil
Active Member II

Hi pedwards99,
Not opening activiti-app

https://gi.processoverde.com.br/share/page/activiti-app

Error:

Something is wrong with this page ...

We may have encountered an error, or maybe something has been removed or deleted, so check to see if the URL is correct.

It is also possible that you do not have permission to view the page (it may be part of a private site) or that an internal error has occurred. Contact your IT staff.

If you are trying to access the home page and it is no longer available, change it by clicking its name on the toolbar.

See error in catalina.out

2019-12-04 17:03:25,404 ERROR [alfresco.web.site] [http-nio-8080-exec-31] javax.servlet.ServletException: Could not resolve view with name 'activiti-app' in servlet with name 'Spring Surf Dispatcher Servlet'

What can it be?
Thanks a lot!
Zé Brasil