Activiti Support and Alfresco

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zlatan316

Activiti Support and Alfresco

Jump to solution

I would like clarification on the position of Activiti. I heard that support will be dropped and would like to verify if the below points are true.

1. Support for Activiti being dropped and community suggestions and improvements not taken into regard for future releases of Activiti.

2. Activiti moving away from Alfresco platform.

Thanks,

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jadams
Member II

Re: Activiti Support and Alfresco

Jump to solution

Thanks for your question zlatan316.  Let me also address the 2 points that you raised.

1) Q: Is Alfresco dropping support for Activiti? 

ASmiley Frustratedupport for Activiti is still very much alive and well at Alfresco and we have no plans to drop the offering from our commercial pricebook.  We continue to see a very bright future for this product and we will be supporting it.

2) Q: Is Alfresco moving away from using Activiti inside the Alfresco platform?

A: Process services are very much a critical part of any successful digital business platform and Alfresco is committed to Activiti as our process engine.  We have no plans to move away from Activiti in this capacity.

I hope this provides clarity around Alfresco's commitment to the Activiti project, and around our commercial offerings.

Thanks for your question,

Justin

View solution in original post

3 Replies
gdharley
Intermediate

Jump to solution

Hello,
What you heard is not correct and Alfresco are very much committed to the Activiti platform.

Alfresco continue to provide support for the Activiti Enterprise Edition as well as contributions to these forums.
Also there is no move away from the Activiti platform.

Thanks,
greg

jadams
Member II

Jump to solution

Thanks for your question zlatan316.  Let me also address the 2 points that you raised.

1) Q: Is Alfresco dropping support for Activiti? 

ASmiley Frustratedupport for Activiti is still very much alive and well at Alfresco and we have no plans to drop the offering from our commercial pricebook.  We continue to see a very bright future for this product and we will be supporting it.

2) Q: Is Alfresco moving away from using Activiti inside the Alfresco platform?

A: Process services are very much a critical part of any successful digital business platform and Alfresco is committed to Activiti as our process engine.  We have no plans to move away from Activiti in this capacity.

I hope this provides clarity around Alfresco's commitment to the Activiti project, and around our commercial offerings.

Thanks for your question,

Justin

zlatan316

Jump to solution

Thanks for your response Justin.

The reason I asked is due to the git activity in relation with the community version of Activiti, which seems to have reduced greatly in recent months. I have a colleague who mentioned a blog post from Alfresco saying they are to drop support for the Community Edition. Correlating this with the git analysis seemed to indicate focus is now on the Enterprise Edition rather than continuing the work on the Community Edition also.