activiti tables?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
narendraprakash
Member II

activiti tables?

I am new to activiti. is there any proper documentation about tables? what kind of data will go into tables?

Thanks

8 Replies
abhinavmishra14
Advanced

Re: activiti tables?

Follow the activiti user guide: https://www.activiti.org/userguide/

DB Tables: https://www.activiti.org/userguide/#database.tables.explained

~Abhinav
(ACSCE, AWS SAA, Azure Admin)
narendraprakash
Member II

Hi Abhinav,

Thanks for your reply. But i want to understand details about each table which i could not found in document.

I am looking for that kind of details.

paul_roth
Established Member

naga mandavilli

Section 3.1 explains what each of the Activiti tables is used for e.g. what kind of data goes into each table.

3.7. Database table names explained

The database names of Activiti all start with ACT_. The second part is a two-character identification of the use case of the table. This use case will also roughly match the service API.

• ACT_RE_*: RE stands for repository. Tables with this prefix contain static information such as process definitions and process resources (images, rules, etc.).

• ACT_RU_*: RU stands for runtime. These are the runtime tables that contain the runtime data of process instances, user tasks, variables, jobs, etc. Activiti only stores the runtime data during process instance execution, and removes the records when a process instance ends. This keeps the runtime tables small and fast.

• ACT_ID_*: ID stands for identity. These tables contain identity information, such as users, groups, etc.

• ACT_HI_*: HI stands for history. These are the tables that contain historic data, such as past process instances, variables, tasks, etc.

• ACT_GE_*: general data, which is used in various use cases.

Perhaps if you describe the use case that you are trying develop that may better explain what you are looking for if the above explanation is not enough.

nhhao1996
Active Member II

Any document more details than this sir? There are some properties in many tables I don't understand what is it?

paul_roth
Established Member

What are you trying to do and perhaps somebody in the community can answer a specific question.

nhhao1996
Active Member II

I created a question months ago but no one answer. I just want to understand the database more clearly. There are some properties like TENANT_ID, REV_, I can't understand what is it?

abbask01

Once you are familiar with basic engine concepts like process definitions, instances, tasks, etc. and how the data flows, the tables names and columns will become self-explanatory. refer the create script for db definition

TENANT_ID is used when you run engine in multi-tenancy. each tenant will have their own set of process definitions.

REV_ is for revisions

Regards,
Abbas
guinetik
Member II

Dude i was looking for these schema files for ages so i created an account, verified email, completed a boat captcha challenge just to say....Thanks!