Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
simon_whelan
Member II

activiti timer error

Jump to solution

Hi,

I'm trying to add a intermediateCatchEvent to a workflow so that it will wait a defined period of time before moving on.

<intermediateCatchEvent id="timerintermediatecatchevent1" name="TimerCatchEvent">
<timerEventDefinition>
<timeDuration>PT5M</timeDuration>
</timerEventDefinition>
</intermediateCatchEvent>

So that timer should wait 5 mins before moving onto the next step.

which is this

<receiveTask id="checkServiceFeatures" name="Check Service Features">
        <extensionElements>
          <activiti:executionListener event="start" delegateExpression="${remoteActionMessageDelegate}">
            <activiti:field name="serviceKey">
              <activiti:string><![CDATA[checkServiceFeaturesAction]]></activiti:string>
            </activiti:field>
          </activiti:executionListener>
        </extensionElements>
      </receiveTask>

Now the issue im having is that in the activiti console

Timer job 3c3304d6-a9c4-11e7-9930-f65b9af6b948
Due one week ago
Job execution
No more retries left
Error occurred while executing job: Unknown property used in expression: ${remoteActionMessageDelegate}

I have attached the full stack trace

Thanks

Simon

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
barianne_azamah
Member II

Re: activiti timer error

Jump to solution

It took me several days of agonizing over this but I finally figured out what was causing this problem for me.

First thing is to check if you have another workflow engine running against the same database instance.

In my case, we have several development servers that we were using at one point or another.  One of them that we though got decommissioned actually came back into service without us knowing about it.  We had moved on to a different server at that point.  The problem was that once the server was recommissioned, the applications all started up again - including my workflow application.  It sat there, silently, listening for jobs in the ACT_RU_JOB table and it would occasionally pick one up before the new application would and it would result in that error.  The error was due to the fact that the old server had an older build of my application that was missing object references that the new one had.  The error in EXCEPTION_MSG_ was actually thrown by the old application.

Hope this helps someone!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
barianne_azamah
Member II

Jump to solution

Of course, the one question that I really need answered isn't answered..

I'm having the exact same issue.  A bit more background of my issue:

I have four workflows that have the same issue.  The problem I'm having is that it does not manifest itself when I run it on my local workstation's application server (WebSphere, btw) but only when it's deployed on our development app server.  For all intents and purposes, they're the same server and using the same version of Oracle as the back-end database running the Activiti engine.  

I'd love to know if there's a resolution for this.

barianne_azamah
Member II

Jump to solution

It took me several days of agonizing over this but I finally figured out what was causing this problem for me.

First thing is to check if you have another workflow engine running against the same database instance.

In my case, we have several development servers that we were using at one point or another.  One of them that we though got decommissioned actually came back into service without us knowing about it.  We had moved on to a different server at that point.  The problem was that once the server was recommissioned, the applications all started up again - including my workflow application.  It sat there, silently, listening for jobs in the ACT_RU_JOB table and it would occasionally pick one up before the new application would and it would result in that error.  The error was due to the fact that the old server had an older build of my application that was missing object references that the new one had.  The error in EXCEPTION_MSG_ was actually thrown by the old application.

Hope this helps someone!

kgastaldo

Jump to solution

Thanks for coming back with the update!