cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mansa
Member II

Activiti vs Alfresco community edition

Hi, 

I have downloaded Alfresco community edition only. I have some specific requirements related to workflow. 

What benefit will i get if i download Activiti as well? Or, its already embedded in Alfresco Community edition? 

3 Replies
mdtabrezmca
Established Member II

Re: Activiti vs Alfresco community edition

Activiti and alfresco community edition are same

mme
Established Member

That isn´t right or?

paul_roth
Established Member

HiMansa T, you are correct that Activiti 5 is embedded in Alfresco.  The answer to your question likely depends on what exactly you are trying to accomplish.  For example, if you are looking for basic document review and approval type workflow then you should use Alfresco's embedded version of Activiti.  If you are looking to create a more extensive business process solution then using Activiti 6 or Activiti 7 may be a better choice.  As tabrez khan notes, the core Activiti engine capabilities embedded in Alfresco are the same core capabilities under the covers of Activiti 6 and Activiti 7; however, there are more capabilities available in Activiti 6 and 7 beyond what is embedded in Alfresco.  Hopefully, this is useful.  If you want to provide more details about what you want to do perhaps, we can expand the conversation.