Add an entry in the Decision table without Publishing the Process model

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Arun_nmc

Add an entry in the Decision table without Publishing the Process model

Hi,

I have simimple process model which is having Decision task which is  referening to the Decision table.

Decision table is having some entries. After the process model is published,  the request can be created and it works as expected.

In my project  requirement,I want to add some more new entries in the decision table, after adding that entries,i want to refelct that entries for  the request which is  going to be created  newly without publishing the process model.

whether is there a way to accomploish this. As adding a  new entry will be reflected only after we publishing the process model. But however, i am in need of understanding is there a way the newly added entries will be get reflected in the requestes without publishing the process model.

Kindly help on sharing your thoughts.

Thanks

Arun K

5 Replies
abbask01

Re: Add an entry in the Decision table without Publishing the Process model

As a good practice, Updated definitions must get a newer version so instances can be created from the latest one.

If you have a resuable decision table attached to the process, try updating that from the decision tables tab. if you are expecting these changes more often, better use a service task that calls DmnRuleService to evaluate your decision table.

Hope it helps.

Regards,
Abbas
Arun_nmc

Hi

Thanks for your reply

If you have a resuable decision table attached to the process, try updating that from the decision tables tab.-->this is not working as expected(as it still requires publish of the process model)

if you are expecting these changes more often, better use a service task that calls DmnRuleService to evaluate your decision table.--could you please share some sample process model please.

Thanks

Arun K

abbask01

@Arun_nmc wrote:

Hi

Thanks for your reply

If you have a resuable decision table attached to the process, try updating that from the decision tables tab.-->this is not working as expected(as it still requires publish of the process model)

if you are expecting these changes more often, better use a service task that calls DmnRuleService to evaluate your decision table.--could you please share some sample process model please.

Thanks

Arun K

you can have bean with following impl. your decisionTable (in place of decisionKey) name will be required, download the xml from the editor and search for the same

@Autowired
	private DmnRuleService dmnRuleService;

public void process(final DelegateExecution execution, final String decisionKey) {
		System.out.println("input: " + execution.getVariables());
		execution.setVariables(
dmnRuleService.executeDecisionByKey(decisionKey, execution.getVariables()).getResultVariables());
	}

needless to say its just an example and not optimized.

Regards,
Abbas
charusheila
Customer

Hi Abbas,

I was trying out your suggestion using a script task. Is it possible to do that ?

charusheila
Customer

I did try this option. However the process model has to be redeployed otherwise the changes to decision table is not reflected. Please let me know if I am missing anything