Advanced Search/Reporting in Activiti

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gbanks
Active Member II

Advanced Search/Reporting in Activiti

In the Activiti Task App, I need to be able to filter for process instances with particular form field values, and within a particular date range. The user should then be able to view all results that match that query, and be able to enter the process instance overview to see all information/files submitted. It seems Activiti itself only offers a simple search for attributes included in the task name.

I would be incredibly surprised if no other organization has this need. What are my options to satisfy this requirement?

5 Replies
ryandawson
Alfresco Employee

Re: Advanced Search/Reporting in Activiti

I'm not sure exactly which version you're using but the general theme with Activiti reporting is that certain basic reports are provided with the intention that any custom reports can then be added as desired. For a bit of an overview of reporting and why the version matters see - Need Help in creating Activiti Custom Reports 

gbanks
Active Member II

I may be mistaken, but in my research of Custom Reports I found that it only allowed certain parameters to be added. I would need to be able to query on potentially every form field value

ryandawson
Alfresco Employee

It depends whether you're looking at enterprise or community. If you're looking at enterprise then you could look at GitHub - Alfresco/activiti-custom-reports: Example custom Analytics reports for Alfresco Activiti . If community then you might be best to look at Reporting capabilities in Activiti 5.12 | Small steps with big feet  (perhaps considering the idea of using the java query API as it may be that a query like   could meet your needs better than having to write SQL).

gbanks
Active Member II

I'm just trying to build tabular reports. Is there a way to also display the files that are attached in a process instance?

ryandawson
Alfresco Employee

That sounds like quite an involved requirement that would probably require some kind of ETL. For an example you could have a look at GitHub - cijujoseph/activiti-analytics-spring-boot: A standalone app (ETL pattern using spring-boot)...