cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mdtabrezmca
Established Member II

Alfresco Process Services and Analytics and Reports

Jump to solution

I have few questions on alfresco APS analytics and Alfresco Search and Insights engine

1.In APS we dont have report creater/report designer can we use something like alfresco ECM analytics(AAAR)?
2.APS uses elastic search for indexing its data for every event. Which BI tool will be most suitable for APS considering customized reports and dashbords to be created using report designer/report creater by system admins.
3.How alfresco insights will be useful in creating customized reports using report creater considering its stack(tableau,qlik,zappalin) which BI tool will be better to choose for  data connector?
4.Are you indexing the APS events data in solr directly ?
5.Can Alfresco insights be embedded with APS?
6.Any final release date for alfresco search and insights engine?

Paul Roth‌ Need your valuable inputs.

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
harry_peek
Established Member

Re: Alfresco Process Services and Analytics and Reports

Jump to solution

Thanks Paul.

Hi Tabrez, the Search & Insight Engine is now available for content only. One of our next major priorities is to include APS by indexing APS events into the Solr indexes. Also on that roadmap are some ADF visualisation components to enable you to easily embed reports into your apps. We don't have a confirmed release date for Insight Engine with APS yet, I would expect H2 next year but that may change. It would be great to know more about your requirements, how you would like to see it embedded, the types of reports you want to see supported etc. Please send me an email with anything you can share!

View solution in original post

5 Replies
paul_roth
Established Member

Jump to solution

Hi Tabrez,

1.In APS we dont have report creater/report designer can we use something like alfresco ECM analytics(AAAR)?

2.APS uses elastic search for indexing its data for every event. Which BI tool will be most suitable for APS considering customized reports and dashbords to be created using report designer/report creater by system admins.

I’m thinking we should treat #1 and #2 together. Using Elasticsearch for aggregating events and then using Kibana to visualize the data in reports, charts and dashboards is an excellent approach. Refer to Ciju’s example as an excellent reference to build off of.

https://github.com/cijujoseph/activiti-analytics-spring-boot

3.How alfresco insights will be useful in creating customized reports using report creater considering its stack(tableau,qlik,zappalin) which BI tool will be better to choose for data connector?

4.Are you indexing the APS events data in solr directly ?

5.Can Alfresco insights be embedded with APS?

6.Any final release date for alfresco search and insights engine?

With regards to #3 - #6: I would need to defer to @Harry Peek<mailto:harry.peek@alfresco.com>, our product manager for Alfresco Search and Insight Engine. Our plan is to add Search and Insight Engine to APS and have the APS events routed into Search and Insight Engine directly.

Here is a link to a presentation that has some useful information.

https://www.alfresco.com/insight-engine

Thanks,

Paul

harry_peek
Established Member

Jump to solution

Thanks Paul.

Hi Tabrez, the Search & Insight Engine is now available for content only. One of our next major priorities is to include APS by indexing APS events into the Solr indexes. Also on that roadmap are some ADF visualisation components to enable you to easily embed reports into your apps. We don't have a confirmed release date for Insight Engine with APS yet, I would expect H2 next year but that may change. It would be great to know more about your requirements, how you would like to see it embedded, the types of reports you want to see supported etc. Please send me an email with anything you can share!

mdtabrezmca
Established Member II

Jump to solution

Thank Harry,Paul

Paul Roth‌ Thanks for mentioning cijus example. I saw the example lists all the processes and tasks fields by which it is indexed. One of the requirment we have is to list the fileds based on the Apps(modules)and then create a visualization reports, is it possible? i will mention the same question with cijus example.

Harry Peek We are evaluating multiple options for reporting and anlytics  and BI,  at present our  requirement is quite simple we want a Report designer(embedded in to ADF) same as mentioned in this video.

EOL - Creating Reports - YouTube (Alfresco ECM analytics)

Only change is we want to list the fields based on the Apps(modules)created in the APS Designer so that admin user  can create visualization and reports based on the fields listed and create dashboards that are visible to in the front end(in our case ADF integrated with custom angular components).

Hope i am clear for more details i will get in touch with Harry Peek‌.

paul_roth
Established Member

Jump to solution

tabrez khan‌, I am not sure I understand your question about "Apps(modules)".  Can you please try to ask the question again with a little more specificity.

mdtabrezmca
Established Member II

Jump to solution

Hi Paul,

Apps(modules) in BPM terminolgy would be process defination or mutiple process definations which will be then published as App in alfresco process services.

In our business case we will design a process defiantion ex: "observation" this process defiinition will have multiple tasks and its associated forms and process variables so how can make the elastic search documents based on the each process definition so that it can be later visualized using kibana.