cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dhrobbins
Active Member II

Best way to print Activiti forms

Jump to solution

I am relatively new to Alfresco Activiti and need technical advice on how to format Activiti forms for printing.  I have looked for add-ons and wonder if other solutions are possible with either CSS or an automated process to render to PDF.  Can anyone recommend a solution? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
gdharley
Intermediate

Re: Best way to print Activiti forms

Jump to solution

All form data can be automatically collected if you set the history log level to audit or above.

So your ISO requirement is handled out of the box (I believe ISO requires collection, not specifically reporting).

We have implemented lots of different options for reporting, but you will need to build these out yourself if you are using community edition.

Greg

View solution in original post

5 Replies
gdharley
Intermediate

Jump to solution

If you are using Activiti Enterprise Edition, this feature is already built into the portal.

If not using Enterprise Edition, what are you looking to achieve?

Meaning, is an image enough, or do you need the html?

Thx,

Greg

dhrobbins
Active Member II

Jump to solution

We have a workflow form that spans 2 pages, and users update as each step progresses.  When the process is complete we have an ISO requirement that we be able to print the entire form. We are running this on Community Edition.

Essentially we need to go to that completed workflow, open workflow details and have the option to print.

I have considered Pentaho / Jasper reports as well, but I am trying to see what others have done. 

gdharley
Intermediate

Jump to solution

All form data can be automatically collected if you set the history log level to audit or above.

So your ISO requirement is handled out of the box (I believe ISO requires collection, not specifically reporting).

We have implemented lots of different options for reporting, but you will need to build these out yourself if you are using community edition.

Greg

dhrobbins
Active Member II

Jump to solution

Thanks for your insight.  I'm looking to Pentaho now.  Can you recommend a good tutorial / starting point?  I think we can pull data from the audit log and re-use.  If not I think we should be able to pull from workflow tables.

gdharley
Intermediate

Jump to solution

Cheers, m8.