Boundary Timer Event - Due Date Setup in Timedate or Timecycle or Timeduration

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
prohit

Boundary Timer Event - Due Date Setup in Timedate or Timecycle or Timeduration

Repected members,

In my situation, i have a SLA of 5 days and i need to trigger email reminder 2 prior to the user, could you kindly suggest how should i configure timer event (Timedate or Timecycle or Timeduration). Once the user initiate the task the 5 days SLA starts, we need to set the reminder in timer event two day prior, i am not sure how should i try.

I have tried using Timecycle: R2/PT72 & Timeduration: PT5M, Hoping it will trigger post 72 hours, not sure if this works. Please suggest.

Regards,

PS

2 Replies
jose_leon_coupa
Active Member II

Re: Boundary Timer Event - Due Date Setup in Timedate or Timecycle or Timeduration

You can use Time Duration = P3D.

P3D represent a Period of 3 Days. You can see a complete explanation in: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_8601

Excerpt from the link above: "For example, "P3Y6M4DT12H30M5S" represents a duration of "three years, six months, four days, twelve hours, thirty minutes, and five seconds".

prohit

Re: Boundary Timer Event - Due Date Setup in Timedate or Timecycle or Timeduration

Thank you so much Jose and sorry for responding late, had some access issue.

I am going to try the 3 D duration, this will be a great help, i also need another solution perhaps now i am more depended on you and respected members for answer.

Case: (Start - User1 - Timer EventUser 2 - Close)

-User1 will set the due date, Here the time event has to wait until the due date and trigger User 2.

If it is randam, we could use cron expression and define due date but , How should i set the Due Date which is defined by User in Timer event since it can be anything as per user. For example: If a User1 sets the duedate in Form as 3/1/2021, the timer event has to wait till 2/28/2021 and trigger User2.

Kindly advise, Apprecaite all your help in this.

Regards,

SK