BPMN Activiti 5.18 How to Cancel a call activity and all underlining user tasks in the call activity by using signalboundary or cancelboundary events?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rjrumsey
Member II

BPMN Activiti 5.18 How to Cancel a call activity and all underlining user tasks in the call activity by using signalboundary or cancelboundary events?

Hello, I have a scenario where i have a call activity that has multiple script and user tasks inside of the bpmn that is called. How do i cancel all of the user activities inside of that bpmn that is called?

I know i can use a signalboundaryevent to catch a signalthrowevent on a user task to kill the user task. But this does not work on a call activity...Can someone please advise on which elements to use in this scenario?

Thank you. 

1 Reply
rjrumsey
Member II

Re: BPMN Activiti 5.18 How to Cancel a call activity and all underlining user tasks in the call activity by using signalboundary or cancelboundary events?

Actually i solved my problem....Solution:

I was able to cancel user tasks across BPMN files by duplicating the signals in each BPMN file. When the call activity fires, it treats the activities inside the call activity as a sub process of the original instance...so i was able to set the signals as global and communicate back and forth between the instances. The names and ids have to be the same and the global option needs to be chosen.

Activiti User Guide 

Section: Signal Event Example(s)

Thank you