Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vahid
Member II

Breaking changes with upgrade from 5.x to 6

Jump to solution

Hi, 

I wanted to implement the ActivitiEventListener, to fire some actions after completing (either fail or success) the process.

Then I've noticed that it is in version 6. I've changed the version from 5 to 6 and found that lots of things won't work. 

For example, there is no more "signal" method in the interface "RuntimeService", so in our project in many places I see compile error with such line of code "activitiRule.getRuntimeService().signal(execution.getId());". 

So it seems that at the moment upgrading is not an option to me. Now my question is that in code how can I get notifications with the 5.x version, if the process is in a final state?

Thank you.

Vahid

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dougjohnson
Active Member II

Re: Breaking changes with upgrade from 5.x to 6

Jump to solution

Vahid, the replacement for signal is listed here: Activiti Migraton Guide : Activiti v5 to Activiti v6 . Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
vahid
Member II

Jump to solution

Actually I've switched back to the 5.14 and found how to achieve that. I've just added a "JavaDelegate" class as a listener to the process with the "end" event. So if the process reach end state (either successfully or with failure), the listener class will be called. 

Still one open question? what is the replacement of "activitiRule.getRuntimeService().signal(execution.getId())" in version 6.x? 

Best,

Vahid

dougjohnson
Active Member II

Jump to solution

Vahid, the replacement for signal is listed here: Activiti Migraton Guide : Activiti v5 to Activiti v6 . Hope that helps.