cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wb9tpg
Member II

Business Calendar Issue

Jump to solution

I'm evaluating the "trail" version 1.6.1 of Alfresco Process Services and am trying to test out the Business Calendar.   So far I'm not able to get it to work.   I entered the lines below into the properties file then created a simple process with a User Activity set to a Due Date = "P3D".   Starting the process it shows that task due in 3 days (Sunday).  I'd expect it to bypass the weekend. 

# Weekend days comma separated (day's first 3 letters in capital)
calendar.weekends=SAT,SUN

Not sure if I'm doing it incorrectly (probably) or not.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
deko
Established Member

Re: Business Calendar Issue

Jump to solution

Hi Gary,

Regarding your issue, I assume you are talking about those settings:

Business Calendar settings | Alfresco Documentation 

Unfortunately those settings are not working at the moment and the Alfresco documentation team was made aware to remove the related page. Nevertheless, you can implement your own business calendar by implementing the BusinessCalendarService as described here:

Business Calendar | Alfresco Documentation 

A nice example from one of the Alfresco employees that would need some work to implement the mentioned BusinessCalendarService, which is taking US holidays into account, can be reviewed here:

activiti-examples/BusinessDaysCalculator.java at master · cijujoseph/activiti-examples · GitHub 

I hope by following the provided documentation link and the example you are able to implement due dates as required.

Best regards,

Dennis

View solution in original post

1 Reply
deko
Established Member

Re: Business Calendar Issue

Jump to solution

Hi Gary,

Regarding your issue, I assume you are talking about those settings:

Business Calendar settings | Alfresco Documentation 

Unfortunately those settings are not working at the moment and the Alfresco documentation team was made aware to remove the related page. Nevertheless, you can implement your own business calendar by implementing the BusinessCalendarService as described here:

Business Calendar | Alfresco Documentation 

A nice example from one of the Alfresco employees that would need some work to implement the mentioned BusinessCalendarService, which is taking US holidays into account, can be reviewed here:

activiti-examples/BusinessDaysCalculator.java at master · cijujoseph/activiti-examples · GitHub 

I hope by following the provided documentation link and the example you are able to implement due dates as required.

Best regards,

Dennis