cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
navitect

Can't find process history

Jump to solution

Hi,

I'm trying to build an SQL query to pull out the audit trail of my processes, both during and after completion. I can only find the process instance data (ACT_HI_PROCINST) in the history tables but not the history of tasks (ACT_HI_TASKINST) and execution (ACT_HI_ACTINST). I can see the details in the database from the demo processes but not for mine. I've configured history to audit and that makes no difference. Any ideas?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
navitect

Re: Can't find process history

Jump to solution

I eventually solved this. There was an error in my SQL statement, which was completing successfully despite the missing " ' ", with 0 rows!

View solution in original post

5 Replies
pault
Active Member II

Jump to solution

Have you tried using the API to create queries on the executing and historic processes, to see what the engine thinks is going on.

I have a vague recollection of hitting a similar problem some years ago with V5, where I was doing something that was delaying the transactions from committing - and the API queries allowed me to see where my problem was. What version are you on ?

navitect

Jump to solution

Thanks for the hint.

I can certainly see more detail via the API. However, I'm only seeing user tasks though via the task history? Also, when I go back and look in the db after the process has completed there is still nothing for that process instance. I would've expect the commit to have occurred by then.

pault
Active Member II

Jump to solution

One thought. If a transaction roll back was occuring of course data would not be committed. Are you sure your tasks are sucessfully completing ?

I just had an issue with a process that wasn't doing what I expected. It was using a java service task with my code in it, which I suspected was causing the issue. When I put trace statements at the start and end of the process I saw it wasn't completing and a transaction timeout & roll back looked to be occuring.

navitect

Jump to solution

I believe so, the process completes to the end. There's a couple of script tasks that definitely complete as they display an output.

I thought it would be straightforward to pull off a full audit trail of a process. Seems this may not be the case.

navitect

Jump to solution

I eventually solved this. There was an error in my SQL statement, which was completing successfully despite the missing " ' ", with 0 rows!