Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
karaman
Member II

Can the standard advanced workflows be customized

Jump to solution

I am new to Alfresco.

I have a requirement to slightly modify the standard advanced workflows included with Alfresco Share (e.g. the review and approve workflow). The slight modifications include the following:

• ability to add a user defined task title
  • limit the list of approvers to site members
  • make the addition of at least one document (item) mandatory

What is the best way to address the above modifications? Customize the standard workflows or create new ones from scratch. 

If the answer is customizing the standard workflows, is there a good reference I could use?

Many thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ryandawson
Alfresco Employee

Re: Can the standard advanced workflows be customized

Jump to solution

I can't find any reference but the better place to ask is probably Alfresco Content Services (ECM)  rather than here on the BPM forums. Similar questions have been asked before like Customize Workflows  but the existing questions seem to focus on creating new custom workflows. Presumably if you did create a new workflow you could base it on one of the example ones if the example is close to your needs. I guess you've already looked at Workflow | Alfresco Documentation There are some .bpmn20.xml process definition files in the share source code (share/wcmquickstart-module/wcmquickstartmodule/src/main/amp/config/alfresco/module/org_alfresco_modu... ) but I'm not sure if they're the processes you're interested in.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ryandawson
Alfresco Employee

Jump to solution

I can't find any reference but the better place to ask is probably Alfresco Content Services (ECM)  rather than here on the BPM forums. Similar questions have been asked before like Customize Workflows  but the existing questions seem to focus on creating new custom workflows. Presumably if you did create a new workflow you could base it on one of the example ones if the example is close to your needs. I guess you've already looked at Workflow | Alfresco Documentation There are some .bpmn20.xml process definition files in the share source code (share/wcmquickstart-module/wcmquickstartmodule/src/main/amp/config/alfresco/module/org_alfresco_modu... ) but I'm not sure if they're the processes you're interested in.

karaman
Member II

Jump to solution

Many thanks for your input Ryan and for pointing me to the process definition files in the share source code. Indeed, it does look that creating new custom workflows is the way to go.